Relay Payments is seeking an ambitious, solution-driven Credit Specialist to join our integral Finance Team. The role will be responsible for establishing and driving customer creditworthiness, particularly for more complex and sophisticated transactions, to determine the risk involved in lending money or extending credit. The ideal candidate is always looking for innovative ways to help Relay invest in our customers while limiting volatility and surprises. In addition to managing the customer credit process, you work collaboratively with our internal teams to support credit from sales through customer support through to collections. You make creative yet calculated decisions that are backed by both experience and your extensive knowledge of the economy and financial industry. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, analytical, organized, and capable of working on an array of different projects. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team and stand out as a top performer. This position will be a great fit for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with multiple projects at once, surrounded by a hard-working team.
About Relay Payments
Relay Payments is a venture-backed startup, building a contactless payment network in the transportation and logistics industry. We’re working hard to ensure America continues running during COVID-19, and well beyond. Our mission drives everything we do! The transportation and logistics industry has continued to run on cash and industry-specific checks (similar to cashiers checks) since the 1970s. Relay Payments is spearheading the modernization of payments, pushing the industry into the 21st century. We work with the largest Carriers, Freight Brokers, and 3PLs in the United States who care about their drivers to ensure that their products get to shelves quickly for consumer consumption.
We’re looking for ambitious team members who share our values and are ready to think bigger!
Our Core Values
- Invent the Future - We embrace the spirit of invention, the idea that there’s always a better way. Together we dream big, fail fast, drive forward, and find creative solutions where others see roadblocks. We prize grit, resilience and speed as we work to transform our industry and to move it into the future.
- Own the Work - Our work is a source of personal pride and fulfillment. We’re here because we relish a challenge and enjoy the exercise of proactively identifying and solving problems. We understand the power of accountability and are in constant pursuit of “more and better” for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
- We’re in it Together - We’re all in, committed to, and driven by our shared ambition and vision; we understand that alignment and collaboration are imperative. We set aside our ego to actively sync with one another, becoming greater than the sum of our parts. We are consistently open and generous with information, clear, concise and direct in our communication.
About You (Responsibilities & Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- 3+ years of relevant experience in financial analysis and credit role
- Establish creditworthiness of new and existing customers, authorize, and monitor credit limits
- Analyze credit data and financial statements of Relay customers to identify the degree of risk involved in lending money or extending credit
- Research and compare customers in similar businesses in terms of liquidity, profitability, and credit histories
- Use computer software to evaluate customers’ financial status and produce financial ratios
- Compile information and compose reports detailing the degree of risk involved in the credit request; recommend approval or denial based on results
- Resolve customer complaints and verify transactions through consultation with internal teams
- Identify delinquent accounts through the review of customer files
- Monitor existing customer activity for ongoing compliance to terms and conditions
- Gain a deep understanding of the Relay Payments platform in order to monitor and properly forecast the movements of customer funds onto and through the balance sheet on a monthly basis
- Prepare ad hoc reporting on company/product performance for leadership
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a high level of discretion
- Self-starter and a strong team player who is flexible with a positive “can do” attitude
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail; thorough, accurate, and seeks to understand and solve problems through logical reasoning; not afraid to jump in and create a process and do the work
- Strong organizational skills in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to function independently, multi-task, and realign priorities as needed
- Collaborate with different departments and vendors to streamline data requests and drive efficiency in processes
- Coordinate and participate in other projects and perform other duties as needed
Why Relay Payments
- This is a game-changing chance to join a well-funded, explosively growing start-up at the “ground floor”.
- We are generously sharing equity in the company - everyone’s an owner!
- We’ve taken the time to crack the code on what traits/characteristics are setting team members up to be wildly successful in our environment - and we’re committed to SHARING the formula and playbook!
- Quarterly bonuses!
- We treat you like an adult with our “Unlimited/Be Reasonable” PTO policy.
- We offer competitive benefits including robust medical insurance and a 401k match.
- And lots, lots more!
Relay Payments is an equal opportunity employer. At Relay Payments, we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.