Site Reliability Engineer
Relay Payments is seeking an ambitious, solutions-driven Site Reliability Engineer to join our fast-growing technology team. We empower our SREs to take ownership of our hosting environment, troubleshoot software issues, and stay on top of the latest security-related developments. The primary goal of this role is to ensure excellent service standards and maintain high customer satisfaction with minimal down time.
About Relay Payments
Relay Payments is a venture-backed startup, building a contactless payment network in the transportation and logistics industry. We’re working hard to ensure America continues running during COVID-19, and well beyond. Our mission drives everything we do! The transportation and logistics industry has continued to run on cash and industry-specific checks (similar to cashiers checks) since the 1970s. Relay Payments is spearheading the modernization of payments, pushing the industry into the 21st century. We work with the largest Carriers, Freight Brokers, and 3PLs in the United States who care about their drivers to ensure that their products get to shelves quickly for consumer consumption.
We’re looking for ambitious team members who share our values and are ready to think bigger!
Our Core Values
- Invent the Future - We embrace the spirit of invention, the idea that there’s always a better way. Together we dream big, fail fast, drive forward, and find creative solutions where others see roadblocks. We prize grit, resilience and speed as we work to transform our industry and to move it into the future.
- Own the Work - Our work is a source of personal pride and fulfillment. We’re here because we relish a challenge and enjoy the exercise of proactively identifying and solving problems. We understand the power of accountability and are in constant pursuit of “more and better” for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
- We’re in it Together - We’re all in, committed to, and driven by our shared ambition and vision; we understand that alignment and collaboration are imperative. We set aside our ego to actively sync with one another, becoming greater than the sum of our parts. We are consistently open and generous with information, clear, concise and direct in our communication.
- Knowledge of AWS services and tools (EC2, ECS, RDS, ElastiCache, VPC, CloudWatch, CloudTrail to name a few)
- Proficient in Linux system administration (mostly Red Hat-based distributions, but a Debian-based experience is a plus)
- Good troubleshooting skills; for example, an ability to quickly find relevant information from unstructured log files
- Security-first approach; understanding general do's and don'ts when it relates to security
- Understanding of networks, including routing, firewalls, traffic monitoring, etc.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL database administration is a big plus
- Great problem solver/generally tech savvy
- Experience working with bug tracking and project management systems
- Ability to cover "on-call" duty
- DevOps experience is a plus
About The Role
- Partner with Engineering, Operations, and Product stakeholders to design, deliver, and maintain a highly available and performant application platform
- Build and implement application observability and platform monitoring tools to continuously improve the customer experience
- Eliminate toil by automating processes, tuning alerts, and improving code where it is most needed
- Frequently evaluate new ideas and trends to identify potentially useful tools and techniques
- Collaborate with different functional groups to identify gaps, prioritize, and resolve issues
- Ensure development teams are following best practices with respect to detecting and fixing production-related issues while minimizing impact to our customers
Why Relay Payments
- This is a game-changing chance to join a well-funded, explosively growing start-up at the “ground floor”.
- We are generously sharing equity in the company - everyone’s an owner!
- We’ve taken the time to crack the code on what traits/characteristics are setting team members up to be wildly successful in our environment - and we’re committed to SHARING the formula and playbook!
- Quarterly bonuses!
- We treat you like an adult with our “Unlimited/Be Reasonable” PTO policy.
- We offer competitive benefits including robust medical insurance and a 401k match.
- And lots, lots more!
Relay Payments is an equal opportunity employer. At Relay Payments, we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.