IT Support Specialist
Relay Payments is seeking an IT Support Specialist who balances technical acumen and leading-edge customer service to deliver high quality support to our growing team. This role supports end users in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment where you will need to continually analyze our current endpoint systems and assets to recommend and implement solutions and upgrades along with daily IT maintenance tasks and requests. From day one, you will have an immediate effect on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations and an ongoing impact on our overall growth as we expand our IT departments operational efficiencies and positive impact on the business.
About Relay Payments
Relay Payments is a venture-backed startup, building a contactless payment network in the transportation and logistics industry. We’re working hard to ensure America continues running during COVID-19, and well beyond. Our mission drives everything we do! The transportation and logistics industry has continued to run on cash and industry-specific checks (similar to cashiers checks) since the 1970s. Relay Payments is spearheading the modernization of payments, pushing the industry into the 21st century. We work with the largest Carriers, Freight Brokers, and 3PLs in the United States who care about their drivers to ensure that their products get to shelves quickly for consumer consumption.
We’re looking for ambitious team members who share our values and are ready to think bigger!
Our Core Values
- Invent the Future - We embrace the spirit of invention, the idea that there’s always a better way. Together we dream big, fail fast, drive forward, and find creative solutions where others see roadblocks. We prize grit, resilience and speed as we work to transform our industry and to move it into the future.
- Own the Work - Our work is a source of personal pride and fulfillment. We’re here because we relish a challenge and enjoy the exercise of proactively identifying and solving problems. We understand the power of accountability and are in constant pursuit of “more and better” for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
- We’re in it Together - We’re all in, committed to, and driven by our shared ambition and vision; we understand that alignment and collaboration are imperative. We set aside our ego to actively sync with one another, becoming greater than the sum of our parts. We are consistently open and generous with information, clear, concise and direct in our communication.
- 3+ years of IT experience
- 2+ years of experience with systems and management
- Ability to set-up and configure Windows PC and Mac hardware
- Knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of systems
- Experience purchasing PC and Mac systems
- Experience and understanding of all necessary peripherals for end user equipment
- Google Application experience
About The Role
- Provision, support, troubleshoot, and repair Windows and Apple hardware including laptops, desktops, docking stations, monitors, cabling, printers
- Oversee hardware asset retrievals and hardware tracking
- Support AV conference room equipment, providing support and onsite coverage
- Manage and process technology support incident management tickets for break/fix issues, problem management tickets, and service request fulfillment
- Assist new team members onboard with new hardware, software, user accounts, setting up two-factor authentication for security, connecting to VPN and help with any questions, access and/or support
- Troubleshoot incidents related to network (LAN and Wi-Fi) and telephony.
- Provide Google Application Suite Support
- Maintain and troubleshoot essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, email, laptops, desktops, printers, software, and hardware
- Investigate user system slowdowns, bottlenecks, and work stoppages
- Set up new hires with computer, hardware and access to systems
- Track and maintain hardware and software inventory
- Continually research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, and software
- Continuously analyze current processes, technologies, and vendors to identify areas of improvement
- Train employees on both software and hardware, troubleshoot, and provide technical support when needed in conjunction with this training
Why Relay Payments
- This is a game-changing chance to join a well-funded, explosively growing start-up at the “ground floor”.
- We are generously sharing equity in the company - everyone’s an owner!
- We’ve taken the time to crack the code on what traits/characteristics are setting team members up to be wildly successful in our environment - and we’re committed to SHARING the formula and playbook!
- Quarterly bonuses!
- We treat you like an adult with our “Unlimited/Be Reasonable” PTO policy.
- We offer competitive benefits including robust medical insurance and a 401k match.
- And lots, lots more!
Relay Payments is an equal opportunity employer. At Relay Payments, we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.