Relay Payments is seeking an ambitious, solution-driven Accounting Manager to join our integral Finance Team. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for driving the month-end close process, reconciliations, and analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, analytical, organized, and capable of working on an array of different projects. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team and stand out as a top performer. This position will be a great fit for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with multiple projects at once, surrounded by a hard-working team. This role will be based out of our Atlanta Headquarters and reports to the Controller.
About Relay Payments:
Relay Payments is a venture-backed startup, building a contactless payment network in the transportation and logistics industry. We’re working hard to ensure America continues running during COVID-19, and well beyond. Our mission drives everything we do! The transportation and logistics industry has continued to run on cash and industry-specific checks (similar to cashiers checks) since the 1970s. Relay Payments is spearheading the modernization of payments, pushing the industry into the 21st century. We work with the largest Carriers, Freight Brokers, and 3PLs in the United States who care about their drivers to ensure that their products get to shelves quickly for consumer consumption.
We’re looking for ambitious team members who share our values and are ready to think bigger!
Our Core Values:
- Invent the Future - We embrace the spirit of invention, the idea that there’s always a better way. Together we dream big, fail fast, drive forward, and find creative solutions where others see roadblocks. We prize grit, resilience and speed as we work to transform our industry and to move it into the future.
- Own the Work - Our work is a source of personal pride and fulfillment. We’re here because we relish a challenge and enjoy the exercise of proactively identifying and solving problems. We understand the power of accountability and are in constant pursuit of “more and better” for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
- We’re in it Together - We’re all in, committed to, and driven by our shared ambition and vision; we understand that alignment and collaboration are imperative. We set aside our ego to actively sync with one another, becoming greater than the sum of our parts. We are consistently open and generous with information, clear, concise and direct in our communication.
About You (Qualifications & Responsibilities)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA required
- 3-4 years’ public accounting experience
- Gain a deep understanding of the Relay Payments platform in order to monitor and properly account for the movements of customer funds onto and through the Relay balance sheet
- Manage financial activities including the month-end close process, balance sheet reconciliations, expense forecasting
- Assist with budget preparation and tax filings
- Analyze variances, trends, risks, opportunities, performance against budget; create and prepare monthly/quarterly financial reports and KPIs for the leadership team highlighting key business drivers
- Design, implement, and maintain systems, accounting processes, and policies that will enable accurate financial reporting and compliance
- Create and prepare the annual financial statements and partner with our external accounting firm to drive the audit process, address open items, and walk through key processes and workpapers
- Strong understanding of US GAAP, including ASC 606 for SaaS companies
- Understanding of accounting/auditing issues and ability to research technical guidance to define company accounting policies
- Implementation of accounting policies to ensure financial statements are recorded based on GAAP
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a high level of discretion
- Self-starter and a strong team player who is flexible with a positive “can do” attitude
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail; thorough, accurate, and seeks to understand and solve problems through logical reasoning; not afraid to jump in and create a process and do the work
- Strong organizational skills in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to function independently, multi-task, and realign priorities as needed
- Collaborate with different departments and vendors to streamline data requests and drive efficiency in processes
- Coordinate and participate in other projects and perform other duties as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with Quickbooks Online
Why Relay Payments:
- This is a game-changing chance to join a well-funded, explosively growing start-up at the “ground floor”.
- We are generously sharing equity in the company - everyone’s an owner!
- We’ve taken the time to crack the code on what traits/characteristics are setting team members up to be wildly successful in our environment - and we’re committed to SHARING the formula and playbook!
- Quarterly bonuses!
- We treat you like an adult with our “Unlimited/Be Reasonable” PTO policy.
- We offer competitive benefits including robust medical insurance and a 401k match.
- And lots, lots more!
Relay Payments is an equal opportunity employer. At Relay Payments, we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.