Channel Account Manager
Relay Payments is seeking an ambitious, solution-driven Account Manager to join our fast-growing team. The Account Manager will be a new key role - our first AM on our Merchant Team - and will be a partner to the Head of Partnerships and other department leaders. This person will lead customer success initiatives, keep the company focused on customer outcomes, and play a central role in directing the future of the product support. This individual will understand customer outcomes through ongoing collection and analysis of data and feedback and turn this into onboarding and retention strategies that feed into the product road map. The function here is critical, involving all aspects of support, account management, demonstrating the product, educating customers, and more.
About Relay Payments:
Relay Payments is a venture-backed startup, building a contactless payment network in the transportation and logistics industry. We’re working hard to ensure America continues running during COVID-19, and well beyond. Our mission drives everything we do! The transportation and logistics industry has continued to run on cash and industry-specific checks (similar to cashiers checks) since the 1970s. Relay Payments is spearheading the modernization of payments, pushing the industry into the 21st century. We work with the largest Carriers, Freight Brokers, and 3PLs in the United States who care about their drivers to ensure that their products get to shelves quickly for consumer consumption.
We’re looking for ambitious team members who share our values and are ready to think bigger!
Our Core Values:
- Invent the Future - We embrace the spirit of invention, the idea that there’s always a better way. Together we dream big, fail fast, drive forward, and find creative solutions where others see roadblocks. We prize grit, resilience and speed as we work to transform our industry and to move it into the future.
- Own the Work - Our work is a source of personal pride and fulfillment. We’re here because we relish a challenge and enjoy the exercise of proactively identifying and solving problems. We understand the power of accountability and are in constant pursuit of “more and better” for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
- We’re in it Together - We’re all in, committed to, and driven by our shared ambition and vision; we understand that alignment and collaboration are imperative. We set aside our ego to actively sync with one another, becoming greater than the sum of our parts. We are consistently open and generous with information, clear, concise and direct in our communication.
- 5+ years of experience leading customer strategy in a complex environment – across enterprise and SMB customers.
- Startup experience preferably at a fintech, Saas organization.
- Account/relationship management or Customer Success experience with a strong background in strategy, planning, and communication.
- Passion for relationships and delivering value-realization outcomes to our customers.
- An ability to work very well independently yet with strong influencing skills; effective cross-functional collaboration in a rapidly changing environment.
- Leading-edge communication and presentation skills; ability to work with a variety of stakeholders including senior leaders.
- Excellent organization skills; experience maintaining detailed project plans, meeting deadlines, and proactively surfacing risks and issues.
- Enjoys being challenged and is focused on continuous professional development and career progression.
About The Role
- Responsible for overall account management and health of a portfolio of merchant customers at Relay Payments.
- Champion and advocate for the customer within Relay - you will be the voice of the customer and will have to coordinate between Relay’s Sales, Onboarding, Product, and Support teams to drive customer success.
- Develop and present periodic customer reviews to senior management and customers.
- Help identify, generate, and facilitate additional revenue leveraging the sales team to close additional business through upsells and cross-sells.
- Utilize automated customer alerts and early warning systems and address them.
- Refine and implement communication standards and playbooks.
- Identify new ways to increase automation and efficiency within the relationship lifecycle and work with cross-functional teams to implement these solutions.
- Ensure that customers have healthy usage of the products and any issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate customer participation in User Groups, Advisory Boards, or other Relay Payments related events.
- Assist Relay Payments marketing by encouraging customers to appear in related marketing materials/events including but not limited to customer reference calls, whitepapers, quotes/articles, conferences, and case studies.
Why Relay Payments:
- This is a game-changing chance to join a well-funded, explosively growing start-up at the “ground floor”.
- We are generously sharing equity in the company - everyone’s an owner!
- We’ve taken the time to crack the code on what traits/characteristics are setting team members up to be wildly successful in our environment - and we’re committed to SHARING the formula and playbook!
- Quarterly bonuses!
- We treat you like an adult with our “Unlimited/Be Reasonable” PTO policy.
- We offer competitive benefits including robust medical insurance and a 401k match.
- This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our entrepreneurial, people-first, high-performance culture!
- And lots, lots more!
Relay Payments is an equal opportunity employer. At Relay Payments, we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.