Relay Payments is seeking a generalist Product Designer who’s eager to develop their skills in a fast-paced environment by shipping lots of work, covering lots of product surface area, and supporting growth marketing efforts. You’ll be responsible for identifying customer pain points, designing solutions quickly, getting buy-in internally, getting feedback from customers, and shepherding that work to the finish line. You’ll work closely with other designers and the engineering team to build a world class payment platform for the logistics industry.
About Relay Payments
Relay Payments is a venture-backed startup, building a contactless payment network in the transportation and logistics industry. We’re working hard to ensure America continues running during COVID-19, and well beyond. Our mission drives everything we do! The transportation and logistics industry has continued to run on cash and industry-specific checks (similar to cashiers checks) since the 1970s. Relay Payments is spearheading the modernization of payments, pushing the industry into the 21st century. We work with the largest Carriers, Freight Brokers, and 3PLs in the United States who care about their drivers to ensure that their products get to shelves quickly for consumer consumption.
We’re looking for ambitious team members who share our values and are ready to think bigger!
Our Core Values
- Invent the Future - We embrace the spirit of invention, the idea that there’s always a better way. Together we dream big, fail fast, drive forward, and find creative solutions where others see roadblocks. We prize grit, resilience and speed as we work to transform our industry and to move it into the future.
- Own the Work - Our work is a source of personal pride and fulfillment. We’re here because we relish a challenge and enjoy the exercise of proactively identifying and solving problems. We understand the power of accountability and are in constant pursuit of “more and better” for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
- We’re in it Together - We’re all in, committed to, and driven by our shared ambition and vision; we understand that alignment and collaboration are imperative. We set aside our ego to actively sync with one another, becoming greater than the sum of our parts. We are consistently open and generous with information, clear, concise and direct in our communication.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Comfortable with ambiguity and learning through experimentation
- Ability to solve complex design problems
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work
- Effective prototyping skills
- A track record of shipping great design and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build consensus within a small organization
- Experience with user research and creating rapid feedback loops with customers
- Experience designing marketing landing pages and collateral
- A generalist mindset and a “figure it out myself” mentality when faced with ambiguity
- A hunger to ship your ideas and solve real problems
- It would be great if you also had prior experience: using Figma; in fintech or payments; working on SaaS products; in an Agile organization, working in cross-functional teams/pods/verticals; at high-growth startups
About The Role
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Create wireframes and prototypes to solve difficult UX problems
- Obsess over the details of visual and interaction design
- Work with engineering to define requirements, not just translate them to design
- Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, engineering, and marketing
- Collaborate with engineers to build your amazing designs
- Ship, measure, and improve your design based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Brainstorm and iterate with your colleagues to help raise the bar on the whole Relay experience
- Justify the importance and urgency of your ideas and work against business and cross-departmental needs
Why Relay Payments
- This is a game-changing chance to join a well-funded, explosively growing start-up at the “ground floor”.
- We are generously sharing equity in the company - everyone’s an owner!
- We’ve taken the time to crack the code on what traits/characteristics are setting team members up to be wildly successful in our environment - and we’re committed to SHARING the formula and playbook!
- Quarterly bonuses!
- We treat you like an adult with our “Unlimited/Be Reasonable” PTO policy.
- We offer competitive benefits including robust medical insurance and a 401k match.
- This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our entrepreneurial, people-first, high-performance culture!
- And lots, lots more!
Relay Payments is an equal opportunity employer. At Relay Payments, we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.