Business Intelligence Analyst
Relay Payments is seeking a skilled, driven Business Intelligence Analyst to join our fast growing team. As a Business Intelligence Analyst at Relay, you will provide analytical, systems, and reporting support for users across the business. The insights that you provide will help leadership to make crucial decisions - including implementation of products, go-to-market strategies, process optimizations, and system configurations. You will work cross-functionally with teams in Sales, Customer Success, Partnerships, Revenue Operations, Product, and Engineering to push forward the most critical business initiatives.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same. You love diving head-first into data and producing actionable insights for all kinds of users. You partner strategically with leadership and have a strong desire to learn so that you can both understand the business and the data that powers it. This is your opportunity to become the go-to resource for key business questions and to build actionable tools that can create exponential value for hundreds of business users and customers.
About Relay Payments
Relay Payments is a venture-backed startup, building a contactless payment network in the transportation and logistics industry. We’re working hard to ensure America continues running during COVID-19, and well beyond. Our mission drives everything we do! The transportation and logistics industry has continued to run on cash and industry-specific checks (similar to cashiers checks) since the 1970s. Relay Payments is spearheading the modernization of payments, pushing the industry into the 21st century. We work with the largest Carriers, Freight Brokers, and 3PLs in the United States who care about their drivers to ensure that their products get to shelves quickly for consumer consumption.
We’re looking for ambitious team members who share our values and are ready to think bigger!
Our Core Values
- Invent the Future - We embrace the spirit of invention, the idea that there’s always a better way. Together we dream big, fail fast, drive forward, and find creative solutions where others see roadblocks. We prize grit, resilience and speed as we work to transform our industry and to move it into the future.
- Own the Work - Our work is a source of personal pride and fulfillment. We’re here because we relish a challenge and enjoy the exercise of proactively identifying and solving problems. We understand the power of accountability and are in constant pursuit of “more and better” for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
- We’re in it Together - We’re all in, committed to, and driven by our shared ambition and vision; we understand that alignment and collaboration are imperative. We set aside our ego to actively sync with one another, becoming greater than the sum of our parts. We are consistently open and generous with information, clear, concise and direct in our communication.
About You (Responsibilities & Qualifications)
- 2+ years of business experience working extensively with data
- Undergraduate degree - ideally in a technical or business-oriented field (engineering, math, economics, business)
- Possess technical skills that enable you to deliver outsized results:
- Strong SQL skills - we will provide a SQL assessment as part of the interview process
- Proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets for building business dashboards and performing ad hoc analyses
- Experience building dashboards using business intelligence tools
- Ability to leverage Python or R for data analysis or processes automation is a plus
- Use strong understanding of business principles to provide proactive and actionable insights
- Tell compelling stories by using data; present it in a fact-based and easily digestible manner
- Partner cross-functionally with key groups throughout the business and prioritize projects effectively across workstreams
- Develop problem resolution by analyzing problems, recommending solutions, and working with other departments to test and implement
- Present results, tools, and recommendations effectively to senior leadership
- Understand the ins-and-outs of system flows and data in order to enable effective analysis; experience working with CRM solutions like Salesforce is a plus
Why Relay Payments
- This is a game-changing chance to join a well-funded, explosively growing start-up at the “ground floor”.
- We are generously sharing equity in the company - everyone’s an owner!
- We’ve taken the time to crack the code on what traits/characteristics are setting team members up to be wildly successful in our environment - and we’re committed to SHARING the formula and playbook!
- We treat you like an adult with our “Unlimited/Be Reasonable” PTO policy.
- We offer competitive benefits including robust medical insurance and a 401k.
- This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our entrepreneurial, people-first, high-performance culture!
- And lots, lots more!
Relay Payments is an equal opportunity employer. At Relay Payments, we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.