Customer Service Representative
Relay Payments is seeking a solutions-driven Customer Service Representative to join our fast-growing Revenue Team in Atlanta, GA. Our Customer Service Representatives are responsible for acting as a liaison between customers and companies via the telephone and email. We expect our representatives to assist with complaints, errors, account questions, payment processing, refunds, and other queries. The overall goal for our team is to ensure excellent customer service standards and maintain high customer satisfaction. Standard business hours between 7:00am-3:00pm ET.
About Relay Payments
Relay Payments is a venture-backed startup, building a contactless payment network in the transportation and logistics industry. We’re working hard to ensure America continues running during COVID-19, and well beyond. Our mission drives everything we do! The transportation and logistics industry has continued to run on cash and industry-specific checks (similar to cashiers checks) since the 1970s. Relay Payments is spearheading the modernization of payments, pushing the industry into the 21st century. We work with the largest Carriers, Freight Brokers, and 3PLs in the United States who care about their drivers to ensure that their products get to shelves quickly for consumer consumption.
We’re looking for ambitious team members who share our values and are ready to think bigger!
Our Core Values
- Invent the Future - We embrace the spirit of invention, the idea that there’s always a better way. Together we dream big, fail fast, drive forward, and find creative solutions where others see roadblocks. We prize grit, resilience and speed as we work to transform our industry and to move it into the future.
- Own the Work - Our work is a source of personal pride and fulfillment. We’re here because we relish a challenge and enjoy the exercise of proactively identifying and solving problems. We understand the power of accountability and are in constant pursuit of “more and better” for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
- We’re in it Together - We’re all in, committed to, and driven by our shared ambition and vision; we understand that alignment and collaboration are imperative. We set aside our ego to actively sync with one another, becoming greater than the sum of our parts. We are consistently open and generous with information, clear, concise and direct in our communication.
- Minimum of 1 year of Customer Service experience, preferably in a call center environment.
- Extensive verbal communication skills are required for customer interaction.
- Experience with using a computer for daily tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to develop relationships and work closely at all levels of an organization.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Integrity: Ironclad. Does not ethically cut corners. Earns trust of co-workers. Puts organization above self-interests.
- Excellence: Sets high stretch standards of performance for self and others. No tolerance for mediocrity. High sense of responsibility.
- Customer Focus: Aims for maximum customer satisfaction (internal and external). Establishes partner relationships with customers and is visible and accessible to all customers.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities for group efficiencies; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; able to work effectively within the organization to obtain team objectives.
- Enthusiasm/Passion: Exhibits dynamism, excitement, and positive, can-do attitude.
About The Role
- Professionally handles requests via telephone and email.
- Contacts customers and verifies transaction information.
- Greets customers warmly and is able to ascertain issues or reasons for calling.
- Advises on company information.
- Takes payment information & other pertinent info such as addresses & phone numbers.
- Utilizes computer technology to handle high call volumes.
- Works with team lead(s) and customer service manager to ensure effective customer service is being delivered.
- Is adaptable when handling changes in policies and procedures.
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's issue, determining the cause of the problem, and selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; this includes expediting correction or adjustment and following up to ensure resolution.
Why Relay Payments:
- This is a game-changing chance to join a well-funded, explosively growing start-up at the “ground floor”.
- We are generously sharing equity in the company - everyone’s an owner!
- We’ve taken the time to crack the code on what traits/characteristics are setting team members up to be wildly successful in our environment - and we’re committed to SHARING the formula and playbook!
- We treat you like an adult with our “Unlimited/Be Reasonable” PTO policy.
- We offer competitive benefits including robust medical insurance and a 401k.
- This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our entrepreneurial, people-first, high-performance culture!
- And lots, lots more!
Relay Payments is an equal opportunity employer. At Relay Payments, we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.