Relay Payments is seeking an ambitious, solution-driven Partnerships Manager to join our new and integral partnerships team. We are looking for an individual with experience that includes both Sales and Account Management roles, as this position will serve as a hybrid of prospecting, closing, and managing different types of key strategic partnerships. In this role you will work closely with the Head of Partnerships, Product, and the rest of the Revenue organization to ensure key partnerships continue to grow, and existing ones are maintained.
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, with experience in fast paced environments, and comfortable working on an array of different projects. As this is a new and growing team, there is plenty of opportunity to stand out as a top performer. Our customers and partners operate in a fast-paced environment, so all candidates should feel comfortable moving quickly with them. Our entire Revenue Team is collaborative and celebrates individual success as the team wins, fostering an engaging and fun environment for those who enjoy continuous feedback and an incredible career path.
About Relay Payments
Relay Payments is a venture-backed startup, building a contactless payment network in the transportation and logistics industry. We’re working hard to ensure America continues running during COVID-19, and well beyond. Our mission drives everything we do! The transportation and logistics industry has continued to run on cash and industry-specific checks (similar to cashiers checks) since the 1970s. Relay Payments is spearheading the modernization of payments, pushing the industry into the 21st century. We work with the largest Carriers, Freight Brokers, and 3PLs in the United States who care about their drivers to ensure that their products get to shelves quickly for consumer consumption.
We’re looking for ambitious team members who share our values and are ready to think bigger!
Our Core Values
- Invent the Future - We embrace the spirit of invention, the idea that there’s always a better way. Together we dream big, fail fast, drive forward, and find creative solutions where others see roadblocks. We prize grit, resilience and speed as we work to transform our industry and to move it into the future.
- Own the Work - Our work is a source of personal pride and fulfillment. We’re here because we relish a challenge and enjoy the exercise of proactively identifying and solving problems. We understand the power of accountability and are in constant pursuit of “more and better” for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
- We’re in it Together - We’re all in, committed to, and driven by our shared ambition and vision; we understand that alignment and collaboration are imperative. We set aside our ego to actively sync with one another, becoming greater than the sum of our parts. We are consistently open and generous with information, clear, concise and direct in our communication.
About You (Responsibilities & Qualifications)
- 3-5 years in AE and/or AM positions at other fast-paced SAAS companies
- You have experience owning full sales cycle, or lifecycle of customer for technical products
- You consistently hit quota and net negative churn in previous roles
- You are comfortable running meetings with key external and internal stakeholders
- You have experience demo’ing, and helping iterate SAAS products
- Extremely strong with math, and data, with the ability to present finding to C Level stakeholders
- You work collaboratively with project managers and customer success to drive inbound leads, and manage, and upsell existing customers.
- You have superb written and verbal communication skills
- You are comfortable and proficient at making virtual presentations.
- You have superb quantitative and data analysis skills
- You are highly proficient in Microsoft suite products, including excel.
Why Relay Payments
- This is a game-changing chance to join a well-funded, explosively growing start-up at the “ground floor”.
- We are generously sharing equity in the company - everyone’s an owner!
- We’ve taken the time to crack the code on what traits/characteristics are setting team members up to be wildly successful in our environment - and we’re committed to SHARING the formula and playbook!
- We treat you like an adult with our “Unlimited/Be Reasonable” PTO policy.
- We offer competitive benefits including robust medical insurance and a 401k.
- This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our entrepreneurial, people-first, high-performance culture!
- And lots, lots more!
Relay Payments is an equal opportunity employer. At Relay Payments, we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.