SVP of Marketing
Relay Payments is seeking an ambitious, solution and data driven Marketing Leader to join our fast-growing Revenue Team in Atlanta, GA. In this role you will create, manage, and execute on a wide variety of marketing initiatives including managing the department and driving revenue for the organization. You will be responsible for defining and implementing our marketing and growth programs to drive revenue and acquire new customers. We’re looking for someone who is a pioneer of growth, has a challenger mindset, and the drive to build category dominance.
You will work closely with the executive team, sales team, design team, and customer success team to launch a wide range of strategic marketing initiatives. You will report to the Co-founder and President. We are looking for someone with proven experience leading a company through milestone growth events like a company acquisition or IPO.
About Relay Payments:
Relay Payments is a venture-backed startup, building a contactless payment network in the transportation and logistics industry. We’re working hard to ensure America continues running during COVID-19, and well beyond. Our mission drives everything we do! The transportation and logistics industry has continued to run on cash and industry-specific checks (similar to cashiers checks) since the 1970s. Relay Payments is spearheading the modernization of payments, pushing the industry into the 21st century. We work with the largest Carriers, Freight Brokers, and 3PLs in the United States who care about their drivers to ensure that their products get to shelves quickly for consumer consumption.
We’re looking for ambitious team members who share our values and are ready to think bigger!
About You (Responsibilities & Qualifications):
- Big Picture - You are a fearless leader, excited by the challenge of boundless possibilities. You don’t get stuck in the day-to-day execution of strategy but carve out time to innovate.
- Experimental - You’re creative yet data driven and view marketing as a never ending experiment of persuasion. You are a believer of agile teams and embrace the test, learn and iterate mantra
- Brand Focused - You will be responsible for the viability, visibility and growth of the brand. Evolving the brand but maintaining consistency and clarity in a way that resonates with and motivates our target audiences. You will position us as an innovator and industry disruptor to the press and public.
- Visionary of change - We are category disruptors and never settle for the status quo. You think big, like to learn and keep abreast of trends and seek to be the first, or be the best in what you do.
- Experienced - You have built and led marketing departments through significant events such as acquisition or IPO, preferably at FinTech Startups.
- Relentless - You have drive, determination, grit, and are comfortable with ambiguity. No task is too small for you. You are a doer, willing to get your hands dirty, and not *just* a leader.
Initial Needs Include but aren't limited to:
- Build, lead, develop, and manage the Marketing Department.
- Define, measure and report the performance of marketing channels/campaigns and assess against ROI and KPI goals including revenue, customer acquisition and retention.
- Identify and evaluate the integrity of your strategy regularly which includes identifying where you fall short or where gaps exist
- Own and efficiently scale a multi-million dollar budget, allocating spending and optimizing a blend of channels to hit growth targets efficiently, while thinking long term and being resourceful.
- Manage customer segmentation strategy and develop smart attribution modeling, ensuring we reach the right audience with the right message, at the right place and time.
- Execute on a multi channel, cross functional strategy conducting experiments in the market, while monitoring metrics, budget, and goals.
- Collaborate with other leaders including the founders and c-suite, sales, customer success, customer support, product and revenue operations driving leads and value for the company.
- Manage large scale programs and initiatives including channel enablement, sales enablement, digital marketing, account based marketing, direct mail, event marketing, trade shows, paid media, earned media, and owned media.
- Create and measure integrated marketing campaigns using out of the box demand generation strategies creating MQLs.
- Leverage implemented marketing technology targeting specific accounts generating sales leads.
- Focus on awareness, demand generation, and enablement campaigns targeting our predetermined prospects.
- Plan and coordinate in person and virtual industry trade shows including pre show promotion, maximizing company exposure to produce sales leads.
- Support efforts to build industry alliances with prospects and customers promoting Relay as a thought leader.
- You have excellent quantitative and data analysis skills.
- You are proficient in Microsoft suite products, including Excel, Salesforce, and Hubspot.
Why Relay Payments:
- Highly valuable equity grant - be an owner!
- We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- We treat you like an adult with our unlimited “Be Reasonable” PTO policy.
- This is an amazing opportunity to join a rapidly growing start-up, with a people-first, high-performance culture!
- And lots, lots more!
Relay Payments is an equal opportunity employer. At Relay Payments, we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.