Senior People Ops Business Partner
Relay Payments is seeking an ambitious, solution-driven Business Partner to join our dynamic People Operations Team in Atlanta, GA. We are looking for a trusted ambassador, experienced business partner, and team player… someone who knows how to create, foster, and maintain a culture of high performance and how to leverage people as a competitive advantage. We are looking for someone with experience building multiple, complex, high-profile programs simultaneously. Ability to move projects forward against ambitious timelines, and comfort working with some ambiguity. You will be joining a collaborative team that is passionate about the work they do to find, grow, and retain the best talent in our industry.
About Relay Payments:
Relay Payments is a mission-driven, venture-backed startup, building a contactless payment network in the transportation and logistics industry. We’re working hard to ensure America continues running during COVID-19, and well beyond. Our mission drives everything we do! The transportation and logistics industry has continued to run on cash and industry-specific checks (similar to cashiers checks) since the 1970s. Relay Payments is spearheading the modernization of payments, pushing the industry into the 21st century. We work with the largest Carriers, Freight Brokers, and 3PLs in the United States who care about their drivers and ensuring their products get to shelves quickly for consumer consumption.
We’re looking for ambitious team members who share our values and are ready to think bigger!
Our Core Values:
- Invent the Future - We embrace the spirit of invention, the idea that there’s always a better way. Together we dream big, fail fast, drive forward, and find creative solutions where others see roadblocks. We prize grit, resilience and speed as we work to transform our industry and to move it into the future.
- Own the Work - Our work is a source of personal pride and fulfillment. We’re here because we relish a challenge and enjoy the exercise of proactively identifying and solving problems. We understand the power of accountability and are in constant pursuit of “more and better” for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
- We’re in it Together - We’re all in, committed to, and driven by our shared ambition and vision; we understand that alignment and collaboration are imperative. We set aside our ego to actively sync with one another, becoming greater than the sum of our parts. We are consistently open and generous with information, clear, concise and direct in our communication.
About You (Responsibilities & Qualifications):
- Collaborate with our Chief People Officer to:
- Design a people strategy that puts team members first and connects the leadership team with the goal of building a high-performance culture.
- Lead best-in-class global performance management process.
- Develop and implement a team member engagement strategy that nurtures our culture and results in greater team member satisfaction that supports the retention of star performers.Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in HR, talent management, and employment law.
- Ensure timely resolution of complex team member relation issues by providing guidance to managers, using sound judgment, discretion, and creative problem-solving approaches.
- Is committed to transparency, continuous feedback, and equity.
- Complete ad-hoc projects, reporting, and related tasks as needed.
- You have at least 5 years of experience working in fast paced tech start-ups and are extremely ambitious.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- You have superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfort giving, receiving and sharing difficult feedback
- You can shift from big picture strategy to tactical support and execution
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Has relentlessly high standards and a superior EQ
Why Relay Payments:
- This is an amazing opportunity to join an explosively growing start-up on the “ground floor”
- We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- We are generous with sharing equity in the company – everyone’s an owner!
- We offer a 401K
- We treat you like an adult with our “Be Reasonable” PTO policy.
- And lots, lots more!
Relay Payments is an equal opportunity employer. At Relay Payments, we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.