About Relay Payments
Relay is the first modern payments system for the transportation and logistics industry. We are helping freight carriers across America use digital payment methods for the first time (they use cash and checks today). There are ~1 Trillion USD in transactions happening every year and we're moving them over to Relay.
We’ve raised over $43M from some of the leading investors in the payments space (Addition, Spark, and Ribbit), in a series B venture round. We’re ready to step on the gas and are building out a fully distributed engineering team across the US.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Engineer at Relay you’ll be responsible for building the next generation payments network for an industry that has seen little innovation in the last 50 years. You’ll help drivers save hours each week by making transactions painless. You’ll help everyone in the transaction chain get visibility into spending, perform accurate accounting, and save money. You’ll build fast and reliable systems for an industry that keeps America running. You care about intuitive user experiences and high availability of running systems.
What makes you a great fit
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Experience leading large projects/initiatives on a team.
- Experience mentoring other engineers - leveraging pair programming, thoughtful feedback in code reviews, helping with problem/solution discovery.
- You might have an affinity for the frontend or backend, but are comfortable working across the stack to deliver solutions end to end.
- Experience building and consuming APIs.
- You value automated testing and implementing good testing practices.
- Experience architecting solutions to problems in a thoughtful way - limiting the number of technologies, ability to justify decisions, and can articulate tradeoffs well.
About our team
- We work in small, cross-functional teams that include product managers, designers, and QA.
- We value continuous learning in our everyday work.
- We rely heavily on automated testing and CI.
- We use agile development and lean startup principles and practices to deliver products.
- Our stack: GoLang, PostgreSQL, Docker, AWS, React, React Native, git.
Our Core Values:
- Invent the Future - We embrace the spirit of invention, the idea that there’s always a better way. Together we dream big, fail fast, drive forward, and find creative solutions where others see roadblocks. We prize grit, resilience and speed as we work to transform our industry and to move it into the future.
- Own the Work - Our work is a source of personal pride and fulfillment. We’re here because we relish a challenge and enjoy the exercise of proactively identifying and solving problems. We understand the power of accountability and are in constant pursuit of “more and better” for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
- We’re in it Together - We’re all in, committed to, and driven by our shared ambition and vision; we understand that alignment and collaboration are imperative. We set aside our ego to actively sync with one another, becoming greater than the sum of our parts. We are consistently open and generous with information, clear, concise and direct in our communication.
We’re looking for ambitious team members who share our values and are ready to think bigger!
Why Relay Payments
- This is an amazing opportunity to join an explosively growing start-up on the “ground floor”
- We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- We treat you like an adult with our “Be Reasonable” PTO policy
- Highly valuable equity grant - be an owner!
- This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our entrepreneurial, people-first, high-performance culture!
- And lots, lots more!
Relay Payments is an equal opportunity employer. At Relay Payments, we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.