At Relativity Space, we have two audacious goals: to build the next great commercial launch company with Terran R and to become America's leading force in additive manufacturing innovation. Both contribute to our long-term vision of creating humanity’s industrial base on Mars, paving the way for interplanetary life to expand the possibilities of the human experience. This journey begins right here on Earth – where we design, build, and fly rockets to deliver customer payloads to orbit. Terran R, our medium-to-heavy lift reusable rocket, fulfills the growing demand for launch capacity, thanks to our iterative approach that accelerates design, testing, and development while minimizing costs. While our groundbreaking research and development in 3D printing pushes the boundaries of large-scale additive manufacturing.
Your journey with us is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to shape the future of aerospace technology, additive manufacturing, and the human experience alongside a community of passionate, creative individuals. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
As a member of the Communications & Brand team, the Media Relations Manager will play a pivotal role in proactive storytelling on behalf of Relativity to support the company’s news agenda. The Communications & Brand team is responsible for protecting Relativity's reputation and inspiring the public to believe in our mission and the power of the products and technology solutions we are building. This team manages all aspects of how Relativity’s brand shows up in the world, including media relations, social media, multimedia production, and design.
This role requires a creative problem solver who can balance the daily distractions without losing focus on placing valuable stories. They will draft public statements, write press communications, pitch, pitch, and pitch some more. The role requires an enthusiastic communications professional with proven media pitching skills and media outreach experience, and a strong record of placing high-impact stories in lifestyle, business, and technology media, key regional publications and broadcast. To be successful in this role, they must be solution oriented, flexible, self-driving and can change course quickly, think big and start small, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
As the Media Relations Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Design and deliver creative communications campaigns and narratives.
- Drive awareness of the company and our technology through stories in relevant publications and through awareness campaigns.
- Build and maintain relationships with key media.
- Consistently and doggedly correct misinformation and inaccuracies.
- Manage product launches and program milestone announcements.
- Develop written materials, including product messaging, communications plans and FAQs, and other collateral
What you need to know:
To be successful in this role, you should have the following qualifications and experience:
- A minimum 7 years of experience working in public relations, preferably within engineering-led technology organizations
- A self-starter who instinctively and consistently creates personal and professional stretch goals and meets them.
- Works well with others with the ability to build trust with the team and work effectively in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Curiosity and ability to think creatively, flexibility, and a sense of humor.
- Proven ability to build trust and rapport with journalists and editors, fostering strong media relationships
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace