At Relativity Space, we have two audacious goals: to build the next great commercial launch company with Terran R and to become America's leading force in additive manufacturing innovation. Both contribute to our long-term vision of creating humanity’s industrial base on Mars, paving the way for interplanetary life to expand the possibilities of the human experience. This journey begins right here on Earth – where we design, build, and fly rockets to deliver customer payloads to orbit. Terran R, our medium-to-heavy lift reusable rocket, fulfills the growing demand for launch capacity, thanks to our iterative approach that accelerates design, testing, and development while minimizing costs. While our groundbreaking research and development in 3D printing pushes the boundaries of large-scale additive manufacturing.
Your journey with us is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to shape the future of aerospace technology, additive manufacturing, and the human experience alongside a community of passionate, creative individuals. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
As a member of the Communications & Brand team, the Manager of External Communications will help shape Relativity’s product and corporate narratives, highlight new features and products, and inform and educate external stakeholders about the “why” behind key business initiatives. The Communications & Brand team is responsible for protecting Relativity's reputation and inspiring the public to believe in our mission and the power of the products and technology solutions we are building. This team manages all aspects of how Relativity’s brand shows up in the world, including media relations, social media, multimedia production, and design.
The External Communications Manager will work cross-functionally with multiple teams at the company, including hardware and software engineering teams, manufacturing, and corporate functions such as Legal and People. They will also partner closely with leaders to develop and execute comprehensive business and corporate communications strategies that effectively showcase Relativity's story in a creative and compelling way. They must possess a talent for translating complex technical concepts into messages that will resonate with various external audiences, from rocket scientists to business journalists. To succeed in this role, they will need to demonstrated problem-solving capabilities and intellectual curiosity while maintaining a high bias to speed and execution and a comfort level that allows them to maintain work well in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
As the External Communications Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Lead execution of communications strategies for corporate announcements
- Lead announcements for product features and core product development milestones
- Manage relationships and building new ones with technology and consumer media
- Support issues management efforts as needed
- Create a variety of communications materials such as messaging documents, media relations plans, company statements, briefing materials, FAQs and more
- Support a robust executive thought leadership platform to include strategic communications for the CEO and broader executive team
- Support an internal communications program to educate, inform and inspire the Relativity team nationwide
- Extract compelling storylines from subject matter experts about Relativity's business and technology
What you need to know:
To be successful in this role, you should have the following qualifications and experience
- A minimum 6 years of experience working in product PR and/or corporate communications roles, preferably within engineering-led organizations.
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Proven ability to build trust and rapport with journalists and editors, fostering strong media relationships.
- A self-starter who instinctively and consistently creates personal and professional stretch goals and meets them.
- Works well with others with the ability to build trust with the team and work effectively in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Curiosity and ability to think creatively, flexibility, and a sense of humor
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace