A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
The Integrated Performance department at Relativity Space is responsible for ensuring that our rockets will achieve our overall objectives and satisfy stringent customer and government requirements. Our department comprises teams responsible for Flight Sciences, including Aerodynamics, Thermal, Loads, and Dynamics; Integrated Structures Analysis; Guidance, Navigation, and Control & Vehicle Performance (GNCP); Systems Engineering; Mission Reliability; and Product Engineering. We architect and execute analysis, simulation, operations, and test projects for all of Relativity’s hardware and software teams in pursuit of mission success. Overall, this team is critical to the launch success of Terran R!
The Integrated Analysis group is responsible for accelerating Relativity's hardware engineering via advanced analysis and cutting-edge tools. The team works on a variety of complex structures analyses across all of our hardware teams, and develops tools and methods to unlock deeper insight in less time - to reduce weight, improve robustness, and deliver more flight-ready hardware to the launch pad.
What you’ll do:
- Mature Relativity’s structures analysis processes, including custom and commercial tool selection and implementation, workflow automation, methodology development, and data and results processing, storage, and communication
- Develop intuitive interfaces for hand calculations, linear/nonlinear FEA, and test data, gathering families of data across test and analysis cycles, comparing data against predictions, etc.
- Work closely with dynamics and other disciplines to develop tools for load combination and interdisciplinary environments mapping
- Integrate processing and analysis tools written by structures engineers into larger organizational software frameworks
- Develop front-end interactive visuals for mapping data and analysis outputs through vehicle locations, flight timelines, etc.
What you need to know:
- An undergraduate degree in engineering or related field and 7+ years relevant experience
- 5+ years experience in numerical analysis and tool development, preferably for FEA, CFD, or finite volume thermal analysis
- 2+ years of experience software development in a data handling/interdisciplinary environment
- Experience solving complex problems on integrated vehicles
- Experience structuring, negotiating, executing, and delivering complex tools and methods projects from start to finish
- Proficiency in Python and version control systems (e.g., git)
Nice to haves but not required:
- A graduate degree (MS/PhD) in engineering or related field and 15+ years relevant experience
- Experience managing and developing analysis toolsets and workflows across in-house and commercial software
- Experience developing and managing robust data pipelines (storage backends, processing, front ends / GUIs)
- Familiarity with classical aerospace sizing methods (Timoshenko, Bruhn, Roark, etc);
- Expertise in multiple technical domains (e.g. structural and thermal)
- Familiarity with fatigue and damage tolerance analysis
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace