A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
The Factory Test team is responsible for all hazardous testing in our Long Beach facilities. We use our breadth of experience and collaborative engineering approach to support everything from very large structural tests to precise valve actuation. To that end, we design, build, and operate all test assets from initial concept to test execution. If you enjoy working on a multi-disciplinary team with a broad mandate and want to put hands-on hardware, then this is the team for you.
What you’ll do:
As a Data and Control System Hardware Engineer, you will be responsible for design, build, and integration of data systems at our Long Beach facilities. The projects you work on will run test systems across the factory ranging from quick and scrappy development test setups to large permanent infrastructure. You will be required to be hands on with the hardware, working side-by-side with our technician team to build and debug your projects. Once your hardware is built, you will also work closely with our operations and software teams to integrate it with our in-house data and controls platform.
Your projects will span a variety of construction methods, sizes, and applications. These could include anything from portable data systems to large motion control cabinets. The kinds of hardware you will develop may include:
- Commercial Data Acquisition Specifications
- Motion Control Cabinets
- AC / DC Power Distribution Systems
- Wiring Harnesses
- Selection and Integration of Test Stand Instrumentation
- Portable Data Systems
- Motor and Pump Control Cabinets
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience designing, building, and testing control cabinets or data systems.
- Strong electrical engineering fundamental knowledge.
- Experience specifying, selecting, and integrating sensors and actuators such as pressure transducers, RTDs, strain gages, thermocouples, solenoid valves, accelerometers, microphones, etc.
- Familiar with using technology such as, but not limited to, AC-DC Power Supplies, PLCs, VFDs.
- Experience designing electrical control cabinets and wiring harnesses.
- Ability to use signal generators, oscilloscopes, and other test equipment to test and verify hardware designs.
- Demonstrated ownership, accountability, and success in delivering complex products with minimal guidance.
Nice to haves but not required:
- Comfortable using schematic capture and PCB design tools such as Altium.
- Circuit simulation experience (SPICE, PSPICE, LTSPICE, etc).
- Experience using AutoCAD Electrical
- Familiar with scripting languages such as Python or MATLAB for preforming analysis or writing automation tools.
- Experience with embedded or systems programming in languages such as C, C++, or Rust.
- Previous experience with COTS data acquisition systems such as NI, Dewesoft, Beckhoff etc.
- Familiar with communications methods such as, but not limited to, SPI, Ethernet, EtherCAT, CAN, and Modbus.
*No previous aerospace experience is required for this position.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace