A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
We are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our growing team at our manufacturing site in Long Beach, CA. You will be responsible for the development, design, engineering, construction, and facility asset management to support manufacturing operations and testing. You bring curiosity for our unique technology and our production processes and are eager to develop next generation manufacturing factory.
This position is part of our Manufacturing and Supply Chain organization, which oversee launch operations, new construction projects, and facility operations and maintenance. Our facilities are a key part to Relativity’s success in creating the first autonomous rocket factory and delivering industry-leading launch services to our customers.
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you will partner with various internal stakeholders in infrastructure, fluids, electrical, command & control, mechanical, and launch operations to autonomously execute a portfolio of projects from $5,000 to $500k and participate on large infrastructure/capital projects in support of launch operations. You will also serve as our owner’s representative to outside facing consultants, contractors, and government agencies.
You will be responsible for design and project execution for manufacturing infrastructure and related facilities and will be responsible for the development of construction drawings, request for proposals, competitive bidding, bid evaluations, sub-contractor selections, sub-contractor management, and facility operations and maintenance across Relativity’s Long Beach, CA real estate portfolio.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience working in the aerospace or construction industry with a mix of hands-on field experience and project management experience.
- Experience with managing external design consultants, project scoping, budgeting, scheduling, design documentation, construction drawings, construction bid solicitation, permitting, QA/QC, and Safety.
- Ability to work within 3D models utilizing AutoCAD, Revit or similar CAD programs.
- Ability to audit facility assets and develop preventative maintenance plans
- Experience with performing root cause analysis for equipment or system failure
- Experience with commissioning, operating, and maintaining facilities mechanical, plumbing, and process equipment.
- Experience with maintaining site utilities such as chilled water, heating hot water, domestic water, sanitary sewer, natural gas, and process gas (compressed air, argon, LN2, etc.)
- Ability to implement tools and improvements to streamline the infrastructure design and construction process.
- Experience directly driving projects forward while numerous stakeholders
Nice to haves but not required:
- Advanced degree or training in facilities design, construction, operations and maintenance
- Proficiency in facility asset management software and tools
- Experience with facilities and systems within the aerospace industry
- Familiar with aerospace planning, procedures and operations, and safety (including LOTO)
- Knowledge of the City of Long Beach Building Standards Code, the Long Beach Municipal Code, and experience working with state and federal government agencies
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace