A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
This role falls within the Propulsion Integrated Design team, which is part of the Propulsion Engineering organization. Our focus is Relativity’s Aeon-R engine. The Integrated Design team is specifically responsible for the overall engine layout as well as the design/analysis of integration components/hardware. Examples of integration components include topology optimized manifolds, printed ducts, primary/secondary structures, fluids lines, and ancillary components. As part of this team, you will help design, build, and iterate on the full product lifecycle of our Aeon-R engine. You will work across many teams to achieve our ambitious goals and ensure the development success of Aeon-R and Terran R.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for the overall layout, design, analysis, and build of hardware for our Aeon-R propulsion systems. You will work closely with other propulsion teams, the vehicle team, manufacturing/integration teams, and test teams to design, analyze, and optimize. Designs will be informed by both fluid and structural analytical and computational models. Engine assembly level layouts and trades will be weighed against weight, cost, lead time, and part count. To be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and is able to lead their own projects to completion.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering field
- Experience with computer aided design (CAD) software
- Experience with mechanical design
- Strong understanding of fluid, thermal, and structural fundamentals
- Strong drive to deliver on ambitious schedules
- Detail-oriented, organized, exhibit follow through
Nice to haves but not required:
- 2+ years of experience with engine design
- Experience with Siemens NX and Teamcenter, specifically
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and commercial tools such as Ansys, Abaqus, or Nastran
- Experience with large CAD model management, change management, and configuration management
- Experience in the design of liquid propulsion components and systems
- Familiarity with aerospace standards (AS, NAS, SAE, etc.)
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace