Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Supply Chain at Relativity Space is responsible for designing, implementing, and optimizing the end-to-end supply chain networks required to manufacture, test, and launch the next-generation reusable launch vehicle – Terran-R. Being both an internal and external facing function, we closely partner with an extensive number of groups to develop the operational strategies, processes, and tools that are utilized to fulfill end-customer demand for our launch services.
Our scope encompasses all vehicle hardware, where you will partner closely with the Design and Manufacturing Teams associated with one or more of the following subsystems & commodities:
- PCBs & PCBAs
- EEE components
- Metal Alloy Raw Material (Wire Arc Additive Manufacturing & Powder Bed Fusion)
- Additive Development
- Stargate Printer
- Vehicle Fluid Systems
- AEON-R Engine
Stage Structures & Mechanisms:
- Primary & Secondary Structures
- Mechanical and Electrical Mechanisms
The candidate will join a diverse and growing team of upstart supply chain professionals from varied backgrounds across manufacturing, technology, automotive, aerospace & defense, consulting, and many more! We are a close-knit, high-functioning group committed to developing our members and allowing them to act dynamically to do their best work. Everyone’s experiences are valued, and we seek to bring these insights to the forefront to solve complex issues. On our team the best idea wins, and you will be continually encouraged to share your perspective and develop personally along with the team.
The value of Global Supply Chains has never been more obvious than in recent years, and just as Relativity Space is committed to pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in manufacturing technology – our team is defining how an integrated and adaptable supply chain can serve as a discriminator within the industry.
What you’ll do:
The Staff Material Program Manager is a senior-level position responsible for the development, coordination, and execution of material strategies and plans for multiple vehicle missions and programs. This includes working with Procurement, Engineering, Manufacturing, Test, and Launch organizations to derive material demand from Bills of Materials (BOMs) and schedules, generating actionable material requirement signals, developing and executing material acquisition strategies, managing the mission-by-mission Clear-to-Build process, developing material allocation strategies/models for constrained or at-risk materials, quantifying material forecasts, and architecting Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) systems and processes within Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
For your respective subsystem, you will:
- Partner with Procurement, Engineering, Manufacturing, Test, and Launch organizations to derive material demand from up-to-date BOMs and schedules that will drive material requirement plans and priorities across multiple vehicle missions and programs.
- Generate actionable material requirement signals and partner with Sourcing and Procurement personnel to develop and action material acquisition strategies.
- Develop & manage end-to-end supply chain planning business process via the mission Clear-to-Build, providing accurate and real-time visibility into material supply & demand while ensuring operational equilibrium between Supply Chain and Manufacturing, Test, and Launch.
- Develop material allocation strategies/models for constrained or at-risk materials based on company priorities and supply conditions.
- Quantify material forecasts that will inform Sourcing’s medium- and long-term material acquisition strategies.
- Architect Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) systems and processes within Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) that will ultimately increase automation and fidelity of end-to-end planning operations.
- Create, monitor and maintain ERP data integrity.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to jr. members, and cohesive collaboration amongst peers.
- Represent the Supply Chain organization on cross-functional teams and projects.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices in material planning and procurement.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, supply chain/operations management, economics/finance, or similar
- 8+ years of demonstrated success in a strategic sourcing, manufacturing, or engineering role
- New Product Development (NPD) or New Product Introduction (NPI) supply chain experience, preferably within aerospace or frontier technology industries
- Advanced expertise in enterprise applications (i.e., ERP, MES, PLM), strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and sophisticated data modeling techniques & applications (e.g., MS Excel, SQL, Tableau)
- Experience developing Material Requirement Planning (MRP) systems, both manually & via an ERP engine
- Experience working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders, including but not limited to: engineering design, manufacturing, integration, materials & processing, finance, accounting, quality, and executive management
- Ability to provide targeted, strategic & professional reports & communication to update stakeholders and ensure seamless cross-functional alignment
- Ability to develop, deploy, and refine processes and procedures
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Nice to haves but not required:
- Masters degree in engineering, business administration, supply chain/operations management, or similar
- Experience with Infor LN system
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace