Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
As a member of the Vehicle Software team, you will help build low-level software that is responsible for the reliable control of the actuation and sensor systems of the world’s first 3D-printed rocket. Our mission is to reimagine the way rockets are built and flown. As an Embedded Software Engineer, your core responsibility will be software and firmware that runs on our custom designed Avionics. This will include board bring-up and application development for power, battery, navigation, and general controller subsystems.
What you’ll do:
- Drive architecture, Design, and development of all Avionics software from Battery management to high speed sensors to motor controllers
- Own, develop, and test embedded software from low level hardware drivers to Realtime control and signal processing algorithms
- Work with partner teams such as propulsion, GNC, Avionics, launch, etc. to define system requirements, interfaces, and understand system performance impacts of avionics designs
- Make complex technical decisions (risk tradeoffs, evaluation of trade studies, anomaly investigations, etc.)
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related technical field and 5+ years relevant experience in software development or Master’s with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with microcontrollers and their peripherals (such as SPI, DMA, I2C, PWM, etc.)
- Expert in C/C++
Nice to haves but not required:
- Master’s in Computer Science or related technical field and 5+ years of experience in software development
- Prior work on a launch vehicle
- Experience developing high reliability software
- Experience with real time operating systems such as FreeRTOS and VxWorks
- Hardware debugging experience with Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, Multimeters
- Familiarity with electrical schematics and circuits are a plus
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace