Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Relativity seeks a highly talented Avionics EMI/EMC Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will require technical expertise in assisting the hardware engineers to design, build, and test hardware systems that mitigate electromagnetic interference and verify compliance to industry standards.
What you’ll do:
This position requires proactive work with design engineers to design a vehicle system compliant with EMI/EMC industry standards as well as troubleshooting and mitigating interference when identified. Relativity Space avionics include high-power loads, pyrotechnics, and sensitive analog sensors distributed throughout the launch vehicle. The EMI/EMC engineer will help navigate electromagnetic interference best practices, compliance testing, and issue mitigation on the Terran 1 avionics system.
The successful candidate will have experience compliance testing and mitigating EMI in large vehicle electronics that span multiple boxes connected via shielded harnessing. They should also have experience working in a fast-paced environment and be excited to develop their skills and support tasks outside the avionics team in the larger effort to build a reliable avionics system.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related major with 2+ years of experience
- Prior experience box-level EMI/EMC mitigation techniques on vehicles
- Prior experience with EMI/EMC testing to standards
- Prior experience with vehicle electrical bonding requirements
Nice to haves but not required:
- Prior work on a launch vehicle, space systems, aerospace or cars, applications with challenging designs
- Prior experience with lightning mitigation in aircraft or rockets
- Previous work experience with MIL-STD-461 or RTCA DO-160 testing
- Understanding of system grounding techniques, experience with NASA-HDBK-4001 a plus
- Experience with simulation tools such as SPICE and HFSS
- Knowledge of space radiation effects on electronics
- Demonstrated experience mitigating known EMI/EMC failures
- Knowledge of electronics design and circuits a plus
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace/