Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Avionics team is responsible for all aspects of the electrical design on the rocket, from electronics, interconnects, associated mechanical design, testing and initial production of the first 3D printed rocket! This team's scope includes the flight computers, power systems, RF systems, PCB design, autonomous flight safety systems, and telemetry. This team works on complex electrical systems that require modularity and flexibility, and are critical to the successful launch of Terran 1 and beyond!
What you’ll do:
- Lead the Avionics hardware development group responsible for the design and development of all electronics on the Terran 1 and Terran R launch vehicles
- Manage a team of managers and individual contributors responsible for multiple technical domains including digital, mixed-signal, and power electronics design
- Serve as a technical and people-leader by growing the team, building out tools and processes supporting development, and establishing a strong engineering culture amongst hardware development engineers
- Guide electronics hardware through the full product-lifecycle by partnering with cross-functional teams in production, integration, test, and operations
What you need to know:
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or similar field
- 5+ years of experience in electronics design and/or test
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of engineers
- Familiarity with power electronics design (DC-DC converters, load switches, etc.)
- Familiarity with digital electronics design (microprocessors, microcontrollers, and/or FPGAs; high-speed serial interfaces; etc.)
- Familiarity with mixed signal electronics design (ADCs, DACs, op amps, etc.)
- Experience mentoring and growing engineers in agile development for mission-critical applications
- Experience managing cross-functional relationships with peers in integration, test, mechanical, thermal, and production
- Excellent communication skills conveying complex technical subjects to a wide variety of audiences
- Familiarity with ECAD software such as Altium
Nice to haves but not required:
- 7+ years of experience in electronics design
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of engineers
- Experience with high voltage DC power systems
- Familiarity with embedded systems software and software engineer concepts
- Familiarity with RF engineering concepts such as link budgets, antenna design, etc.
- Experience managing and developing engineering leaders
- Familiarity with designing electronics of harsh environments (vibe, thermal, shock, vacuum, radiation, etc.)
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.