Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars. We know have an ambitious mission, and we believe that it takes a team to achieve it.
The Brand and Communications team helps to inform and inspire a variety of audiences about the benefits of Relativity’s products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to disrupting the aerospace industry.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the VP of Communications & Brand, the Social Media Manager will spearhead and implement Relativity Space’s organic content strategy across all social channels to expand the brand’s awareness and audiences, while supporting key business objectives.
The Social Media Manager will drive social media strategy, working closely with key stakeholders to identify and execute “big moments” for brand building through our content and channels. A strong pulse on and passion for the social media landscape, as well as an ability to move quickly to stay ahead of the competitive landscape. This person will be inherently curious about all aspects of Relativity’s business and how our social channels can help engage with and grow online audiences, closely monitoring analytics and using data to inform strategy and decision-making. They will also be a true cross-functional partner to teams across the organization, including partnering with executive leadership, engineering, talent and operations teams.
- Execute Relativity Space's social media strategy, driving the development, production and distribution of social media content, including influencer activations and employment brand content across relevant social media channels
- Monitor Relativity Space’s social media channels, engaging directly with our community and those in the industry, ensuring everyone experiences positive interactions with our brand
- Maintain Relativity Space's social content calendar, partnering closely with cross-functional teams to align on priorities
- In partnership with the Communications Lead, act as a steward of Relativity Space’s social brand with conversational flair and a critical eye for overall copy structure and grammatical details
- Stay up-to-date on the latest cultural and social media trends, platforms, product features, and watch-outs
- Work with the broader Communications & Brand team to find synergies between our social media programs and our media relations efforts, creative content development, and video production
- High-level management of content creation and cadence, consistently adapting strategy to improve engagement and increase relevance while jumping on current news cycles and trends
- Deliver clear guidance and attention to detail while working with content creators, designers and external agency resources for development of visually appealing, multimedia content
- Analyze and socialize social media performance with a reliable cadence in relation to key competitors, using a data driven mindset and factoring in learnings into future campaigns
What you need to know:
Bachelor’s degree and minimum 7+ years experience managing social media for a technology or manufacturing organization or in a startup environment OR in lieu of degree, minimum 10+ years of experience managing social media for a technology or manufacturing organization or in a startup environment
- Expertise in social data analysis and listening tools, and measuring and reporting ROI to senior leadership
- Proven track record of growing community, audiences and engagement across all social channels
- Successful track record of collaborating cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Solid project management and communication skills
- Great attention to detail, particularly with copywriting
- Passionate about the future of interplanetary travel, 3D additive manufacturing and telling stories that educate, entertain, and inspire
- Community management experience across multiple social channels, with demonstrated attention to detail and skills in resolving community escalations
Nice to haves but not required:
- Prior experience navigating social media compliance across regulated industries such as aerospace, automotive, or financial technology
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex subject matters and translate these topics into digestible social content for a broad range of audiences
- Strong interest in creating original short-form video content that connects our brand, technology, and talent with a broader audience. Deep understanding of video platform capabilities and limitations, as well as UGC trends is a bonus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!