Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
We are looking for an IT Service Manager to join our rapidly growing team at our headquarters in Long Beach, CA. In this role, you will be managing a team that supports shared services and end user computing technologies for the entire company including 3D printing and rocket manufacturing teams. Do you pride yourself on leading a team that delivers excellence? Do you have a passion for automation and efficiency? Do you enjoy working in an extremely fast paced environment that is continually pushing limits? Always looking to iterate and say, “how can we do better”. Then we have an opportunity for you!!
What you’ll do:
- Enhance Relativity’s Information technology team to support our rapid growth across multiple sites.
- Ensure continued availability and usability for services, processes, and infrastructure throughout the company and across all sites.
- Manage a team that is focused on ambitious and superb delivery of IT engineered solutions to a massive userbase spanning many technical disciplines.
- Focus on user-advocacy and champion the technological needs of a high-output userbase to all subdivisions of IT.
- Engineer and design solutions to reduce help-desk requests and repetitive service workloads.
- Manage your team’s resources and employ your systems knowledge to triage problems and monitor capacity and resource utilization.
- Instrument Service-Level Objectives.
- Leverage expertise within the team to optimize technology investments, striving to yield maximum value.
- Ensure the execution of enterprise technology standards, processes, and performance metrics to ensure IT is delivering value and sustainability to the business, while scaling at a very fast pace.
- Utilize our resources and assets to their fullest capability to extract value and efficiency.
- Develop strategies for interfacing between IT stacks to provide continuous improvement of services to the userbase and support business requirements with a path to growth.
- Work with other IT leaders and business operations teams to ensure coordination of IT changes without impacting business processes.
- Maintain currency on modern technologies and service management practices and provide recommendations on what emerging technologies and methods should be reviewed for integration within the business.
- Build and maintain relationships with other IT managers to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensures timely delivery of IT services to meet those needs and can respond with agility to changing business priorities.
- Ensure we continue to implement and follow best practices across our systems and infrastructure to achieve our mission and goals.
What you need to know:
To be successful in this role, you should have 3+ years of experience in an IT Operations or Systems Engineering management role, ideally in a very high-growth environment at a technology focused company. Prior experience in managing end-user computing solutions at scale, cultivating and leading a high-performance team of IT engineers and associates, and a deep passion for technical problem solving are critical. You thrive in ambiguous environments, are passionate about technology, finding ways to automate tasks, and have an untiring focus on excellent results.
Nice to haves but not required:
- 5+ years of systems engineering and/or systems administration experience
- Familiarity with AWS or Azure
- Working knowledge of VMware technologies
- Experience in a startup environment
- A degree in computer science or a related field
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.