Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Factory Test team is responsible for providing a set of common test capabilities to all departments in the factory. These include the design and build of test equipment, administering our data collection system, reviewing designs and standards, and conducting hazardous test operations. Some examples of the tests we conduct include static load testing, dynamic mechanism testing, cryogenic flow testing, and high pressure pneumatic testing. As a part of the Data and Control System (DACS) group, this role will focus on the software tools and automation supporting test operations across our rocket factory.
What you’ll do:
You will own the software tools that bridge the gap between our integrated software stack and our end users. Your tools will increase the reliability, accessibility, and cadence of test operations in the factory. You will partner with the rest of the test team to identify tasks that could be automated and areas where software based validation would be beneficial. In order to be successful in this role, you should be capable of leading creative, complex, and collaborative projects to completion with minimal oversight. Some examples of potential projects include:
- Process calibration records and populate that info for all data system channels during start up
- Create a user interface for non-programmers to configure data system parameters
- Automate repetitive tasks in systems like Jira, Box, Dash, Word, or Git.
- Compare current test data to historical data in order to dynamically generate alarms, warnings, and pass/fail criteria in real time
What you need to know:
- Clear evidence of project ownership from school or work experience
- Experience with source version control and Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related technical field, or 2 years equivalent experience.
- This is a minimum requirement. We will adjust the scope of the position according to the candidate’s skill level and experience.
- No previous aerospace experience is required
Nice to haves but not required:
- Knowledge of C/C++
- Web development experience
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Understanding of low voltage electronic systems
- Familiar with sensing systems for parameters like pressure, strain, force, and temperature
- Experience in a physical testing environment
- Experience writing real-time software
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!