Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Integrated Software team is responsible for developing a wide array of software across the entire company. This includes controlling the rocket from launch pad to orbit, providing real-time control systems for engine testing, structures testing, and launch facilities, and lastly (but certainly not least) creating our factory of the future with our proprietary 3D printing technology. This team is at the forefront of driving Relativity Space towards our mission of a multiplanetary future, from changing how we manufacture rockets to how we fly them.
What you'll do:
Our mission is to reimagine the way rockets are built and flown. On the Flight Software team, you will build and deliver software that either runs on the vehicle to control the rocket, or directly interfaces with the software on the rocket. This team’s mission is to reimagine the way rockets are built and flown, with a core responsibility on working with our Avionics, Guidance, Navigation, Control, and Propulsion teams to develop complex mission critical software.
You will play a key role in the software development life cycle from initial concept, trade studies, design, implementation, root cause analysis and production ready roll out. You will make trades on architectural decisions, mentor junior engineers, and identify and make recommendations on new and existing systems. You will build fault tolerant software where quality code is of utmost importance. We follow agile development practices and expect you to implement quality software that is continuously integrated and deployable. You will solve complex problems using simple, elegant solutions.
Our tech stack:
- Languages: C/C++, Python
- Technologies: Linux, RTOS, Bare-metal, Drivers
- CI/CD: GitLab, Docker, Kubernetes
Who you are:
We are open to software professionals across industries and do not require aerospace experience. We do not require a computer science degree, but do expect candidates to be strong in computer science fundamentals, including data structure and algorithms. We look for engineers with strong growth mindsets who can learn quickly, and love being part of a strong collaborative team.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field, or 4 years equivalent experience, and 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Expertise in C or C++.
- Experience with continuous integration and agile development.
- Experience leading a team, mentoring multiple junior engineers, and collaborating across team and functional disciplines
- Proficient in developing software for Linux or Unix systems.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency with Python.
- Experience in software safety standards, such as RCC-319, DO-178, ISO26262 or exposure to MISRA C/C++
- Experience with systems-level programming like synchronization primitives, memory management, etc.
- Experience designing software systems at-scale
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Experience developing, debugging, and shipping software products on large code bases that span platforms and tools.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual Learning & Development stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.