Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Relativity is looking for Senior Robotics Engineers to join our multifaceted Additive Development Group. You will work with our Software and Robotics Engineers alongside Weld, Simulation and Materials Engineers to develop and mature the core capabilities of our Additive Manufacturing technology to autonomously 3D print rockets!
What you’ll do:
Our mission is to induce a paradigm shift in how rockets are built and flown. As a Robotics Engineer you be responsible for the design and implementation of the core foundational architecture of our flexible robotic platform for additive manufacturing and implement specific components that leverage it to enable groundbreaking capabilities.
You will be responsible for the integration of systems that include industrial automation safety sensors, welding equipment, vision and laser-based sensors, custom robotic end effectors and mechanisms, and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) strategies for our Stargate-class Printers.
What you need to know:
You have a successful track record working in and developing runtime environments for robotics systems with safety at the forefront. You have extensive knowledge of PLCs, RTOS, motion control, sensing, perception, automation, and broad experience with robotics.
- BS in either Computer Science, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or relevant field
- Experience developing programs for industrial robots including Kuka, Fanuc, ABB, and Kawasaki
- Extensive knowledge of methods for calibrating tracking systems and multiple robotic and mechanical systems.
- 3+ years of experience in developing software and controls for robots
- 3+ years of experience writing hardware interfacing software in Python and C/C++
- Demonstrated ability to successfully conceptualize, architect and integrate automated systems utilizing industrial robots with a generalized number of end effectors and partner systems.
Nice to haves but not required:
- MS, or PhD in either Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering/Mechatronics, or relevant field
- Ability to configure I/O maps and communication interfaces across our industrial robotic system using EtherCAT, CANbus, and/or PROFInet
- Understanding of PLC programming using Structured Text, and interactions with other system controllers
- Direct experience with industrial hardware products including Kuka and Beckoff
- Familiarity with various digital IO protocols (RS-232, SPI, I2C)
- 5+ years of experience in developing high-accuracy software and controls for robots
- 5+ years of experience writing hardware interfacing software in Python and C/C++ involving EtherCAT and IP-based protocols
- Experience with using weld processes for additive manufacturing
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.