Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Powder Bed Additive Development team at Relativity Space will develop, create, and operate the most advanced additive manufacturing technologies in the world. This best-in-class team makes sure that the infrastructure, materials, tools, and equipment are in place for us to rapidly iterate and print. The powder-based manufacturing team is crucial to manufacturing Aeon-1 for first launch and to developing and demonstrating groundbreaking technologies, design, and approaches for Aeon-R!
What you’ll do:
As an Additive Manufacturing Process Engineer, you will own and lead the transition of new products and new technology, including 3D printers and post-process equipment to sustaining engineering. You will:
- Write protocols and test reports
- Support the installation, commissioning, and operation of Additive Manufacturing equipment
- Perform process validations (IQ/OQ/PQ)
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, Checklists, and Safety Protocols for Additive Manufacturing, including 3D printers, and post-processes.
- Responsible for establishing of process flow and production line layout to meet production rate and quality goals.
- Timely execute Powder Bed Fusion 3D printing activities to support daily production
- Communicate roadblocks to team leaders and technicians promptly to appropriately react, contain, and recover.
- Resolve non-conformances and perform root cause following through with corrective actions
- Track additive machines utilization and drive reductions in planned and unplanned downtime.
- Perform manufacturing ROI and cost trade analysis optimizing machine capital and process improvements
- Develop and implement tooling and Statistical Process Control into production processes to further improve reliability and reduce cost and lead time.
What you need to know:
- BS Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 3-5 years in Powder Bed Fusion metal Additive Manufacturing environment
- 3-5 years build setup using 3D printing software,
- Experience in a fast-paced, iterative design environment within the aerospace or automotive industries
- Experienced in ISO AS9100/ISO9000 or medical device manufacturing environment, Six Sigma is a plus
Nice to haves but not required:
- Six-Sigma Greenbelt, SPC, & DOE
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices, such as, 5S or Six Sigma
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.