Team and Role Overview
Relativity Space is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space -- starting with rockets. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace technology, Relativity’s platform vertically integrates intelligent robotics and 3D autonomous manufacturing technology to build the world’s first entirely 3D printed rocket. Relativity’s investors include Mark Cuban, Y-Combinator, Social Capital and Playground Global.
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our growing team at our launch site near Cape Canaveral, Florida. You will be responsible for the design, engineering, construction, and operation of electrical systems to support launch infrastructure and facilities. You bring curiosity for our unique technology and our production processes, and are eager to development a next generation launch site.
This position is part of our Launch and Infrastructure organization, which oversee launch operations and new construction projects. Our facilities are a key part to Relativity’s success in creating the first autonomous rocket factory, and delivering industry-leading launch services to our customers.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
As an Electrical Engineer, you connect various internal technical teams to define electrical requirements and to develop solutions and will be our owner’s representative to outside facing consultants, contractors, and government agencies.
You will be responsible for electrical utility construction activities for launch facilities and will be responsible for the development of construction drawings, request for proposals, competitive bidding, bid evaluations, sub-contractor selections, and sub-contractor management for launch sites and supporting facilities across Relativity’s real estate portfolio.
As an Electrical Engineer at Relativity, you will be at the forefront of creating a world class orbital launch site. You enjoy working with teams and are able to work autonomously to ensure project completion. You have a strong background in field engineering, construction engineering, and electrical engineering, and you have a passion for taking ideas and designs and making them become a reality in the built environment. You are a learner and doer at heart, who continuously engages across technical and operations teams to achieve amazing outcomes. You are willing to travel up 20% to support ongoing design, construction, and operations across Relativity’s sites.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the construction industry working with electrical systems with a mix of analysis/design, hands-on field experience, project management, and project execution.
- Experience with electrical distribution design, hazard classification, load balancing, single-line diagrams, design documentation, construction drawings, construction bid solicitation, contractor selection, construction management, field superintendent, permitting, QA/QC
- Experience with commissioning, operating, and maintenance of power systems
- Excellent working knowledge of NFPA 70
- Demonstrated customer service excellence and ability to communicate highly effectively in verbal/written form with internal and external customers
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- High organizational skills in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to design and understand precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and modeling applications
- Ability to perform and manage technically complex projects using independent judgment and personal initiative
- Recognize and act on opportunities; maintain flexibility to adjust as requirements shift or constraints change
- Experience working with DOD, USAF, USSF, and NASA
- Experience in the aerospace (orbital launch vehicle) sector
- Experience working to AFSPCMAN 91-710 range requirements
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Experience with NFPA 72, NFPA 495, NFPA 497
- Experience with Launch GSE Operations
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) license