Team and Role Overview
Relativity is looking for a talented software engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. As a member of the Integrated Software team, you will help build low-level software that is responsible for the reliable control of the actuation and sensor systems of the world’s first 3D-printed rocket.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
Our mission is to reimagine the way rockets are built and flown. As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will help push us towards this goal by contributing in many areas. The core responsibility will be software and firmware that runs on our custom designed Avionics. This will include board bring-up and application development for power, battery, navigation, and general controller subsystems.
You have experience bringing up new, custom embedded computer designs, from bootloaders to operating systems and device drivers. At Relativity, the software you develop will be a core piece of a software system that controls the entire vehicle operation and is mission critical. Therefore, you should have a strong foundation of what it means to develop highly reliable software, following best practices around code quality and testing.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
In order to be successful in this role, you should have the following:
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related technical field and 3+ years relevant experience in software development.
- Experience developing software drivers to interface with peripherals across a complex system.
- Experience with verification and validation of safety and mission critical software.
- Experience with qualifying flight software per DO-178, RCC 319-19, AFSPCMAN 91-710, SMC-S-016, MIL-STD-882, or similar standards.
- Experience working with regulatory agencies (such as FAA/AST, Range Safety, NASA) and other third-party certification teams.
- Familiar with certification activities across the software development lifecycle to include requirements management, unit and system level testing, etc.
- Experience with software development processes including source control, bug tracking, and design documentation.
- Experience developing, debugging, and shipping software products on large code bases that span platforms and tools.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Expert in C/C++
- Experience with continuous integration.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Master’s in Computer Science or related technical field and 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Prior work on a launch vehicle.
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment.
- Experience with modern systems architecture.
- Experience working on multiple classes of drivers e.g., bus, block, wireless.
- Experience with low-latency, high bandwidth, streaming hardware devices, e.g. video cameras, graphics cards, etc.
- Experience with ARM platforms.
- Experience in Python.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.