Team and Role Overview
Relativity is looking for a talented software engineer to join the multi-faceted Additive Manufacturing team comprised of software, automation and computer vision engineers who work closely with welding engineers. This position will help build high quality, scalable software that is at the core of our autonomous 3D printing robotic cells.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
To support our mission to reimagine the way rockets are built and flown, you will be working with our Additive Manufacturing team in order to create proprietary software applications that will run our deposition processes autonomously. This means that you will be building software that runs in real-time, stores high rate data, monitors the printing process, and works with live streams from multiple sensors along with a lot more exciting research and development!
Your objectives will entail building a maintainable, decoupled micro-service driven architecture, user interfaces based on the view-controller design pattern, implementing a continuous integration pipeline, turning prototypes into production ready systems, and simplifying sensor addition to our 3D printer. A major component of your responsibilities will also include supporting the real time control infrastructure, which can run up to 21 days continuously.
You have ideally built and deployed software systems that are robust, scalable, and maintainable. At Relativity, you will be responsible for building out and maintaining software that is critical to our autonomous 3D printing process. This role requires that you are able to follow agile development practices and understand how to implement quality software that is continuously integrated and deployable to our production cells. You are excited to solve complex problems to which you can offer elegant solutions.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
In order to be successful in this role, you should have the following:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related technical field and 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Expert in a server-side programming language like Python or Java.
- Familiarity with Node.js or another backend framework.
- Experience working with various database technologies.
- Familiarity with maintenance and deployment of micro-services to the cloud.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Agile Development.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Master’s in Computer Science or related technical field and 7+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience with big data technologies.
- Experience with publisher-subscriber design pattern.
- Experience with time-series databases and visualization tools.
- Database administration/configurations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.