Team and Role Overview
Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space – starting with rockets. Our competitive edge comes from the cost and lead time advantages afforded by radically simple designs using 3d printed parts. In order to execute on those advantages, we need strong technical leaders to make sure we are making the best use of our capabilities, and strong project managers to make sure we are controlling cost and executing as quickly as we can.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
As a Propulsion Components Engineer, you will provide technical support in the development of the Aeon propulsion system, as well as contributing to a world-class propulsion team. The successful candidate will have demonstrated technical excellence in component design, analysis, testing, and management of component development projects. You will work with propulsion and vehicle system engineers on the following activities:
- Develop component specifications.
- Work with vendors on component development and production, including product definition, testing, and issue resolution.
- Develop and execute component flight qualification and acceptance test plans (e.g. vibration, shock, thermal cycle, life cycle, burst, etc.).
- Provide technical support for test operations at headquarters, test and launch sites, and at vendor locations.
- Manage multiple component projects simultaneously which could include valves, instrumentation, and actuators.
In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and is able to lead their own projects into completion with minimal oversight. This position is ideal for early-career components engineers looking to for increased responsibility in a small, high-performance team. A high degree of drive, autonomy, and leadership is required. Experience in a fast paced aerospace environment where you have completed difficult projects while collaborating effectively with other key groups is highly desired.
Required Skills and Competencies
In order to be successful in this role, you should have the following:
- 2+ years of experience working on aerospace components.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in engineering or related field.
- Strong understanding of fluid, thermal, and structural fundamentals.
- Experience with the development of valves and/or actuators.
- Experience working with component vendors in development and procurement.
- Experience with CAD software (NX preferred).
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.