At RelationalAI, we are enabling the future of data-centric systems that learn, reason, and predict, built on our cloud-native relational knowledge graph management system. We are bringing together a global team of exceptional people who inspire and respect one another to achieve our mission.
We are intellectually curious, with problem-solving mindsets and a proven track record of delivering results. We value the ability to learn, grow, and respond to an ever-changing landscape of challenges and opportunities as much as we value past experience.
RelationalAI is a remote-first company that has been operating with a distributed team since day one. We are based on six continents, support team members wherever they live, and are fluent in the tools and processes of distributed and often asynchronous work.
About the Experiences Team
The Experiences team at RelationalAI is responsible for ensuring our users love using RelationalAI. We are their advocates within the organization and we build the solutions to ensure they are excited to use our product. Our work spans from the primary user-facing web applications, developer tools & IDE integrations to APIs, services, SDKs, and CLIs. We are hiring across all areas over all seniority levels.
As an ambitious and rapidly evolving product, there is a lot more green field development at RelationalAI than there is navigating, reworking, or rearchitecting within existing frameworks. If that sounds exciting to you, read on!
What You Will Do
- API and Services - These are the services that power the core RelationalAI user experiences, from database explorers to dashboards, notebooks, and modeling tools. You will build services to support users in developing applications on top of RelationalAI databases, sharing and deploying their work, and integrating with other systems. Along with the APIs, you will also build SDKs that allow clients using different languages to access these services. You will make sure our services work on multiple cloud providers, and are redundant across multiple regions as our user needs grow.
- DevOps & CI/CD - Part of every great engineering team is a great CI / CD pipeline. As part of the team you will help constantly improve every part of the development process, from testing to deployment.
- Site Reliability Engineering Availability events and performance events are two sides of the same coin. You will build tests to help us discover our limits and how we respond when approaching those limits; you will design and engineer our systems to respond gracefully to both planned and unplanned events, and limit our downtime; you will engineer observability into our system to help us effectively monitor and debug real system issues when they inevitably happen.
Who You Are & What You Bring (aka qualifications)
There are three absolute must-haves: you find APIs, services and distributed systems exciting; you are ready to operate & maintain your team’s services in production; you’re not a jerk and you give and receive feedback constructively.
Other than that, there is no single prototype of an ideal member of this team. We are building a team that builds on each other’s strengths, and complements each other’s weaknesses. We are looking for engineers across all experience levels. Here are some example profiles:
- You have experience building, deploying, and/or operating services in a distributed environment (it could be using one of the major cloud providers, or it could be in an in-house infrastructure).
- You enjoy testing and breaking systems, finding scaling factors and bottlenecks. You have experience with tools that help get the job done, and tools that help diagnose not only what went wrong, but also where in a distributed infrastructure things went wrong.
- You love making engineers productive. You have a knack for fixing slow builds, improving testing speed so developers get fast feedback; you like building CI/CD pipelines with proper automation, metrics and gates, so that we remove the toil and nail-biting around releases.
- You enjoy making user interfaces to expose the obscure in an understandable and enjoyable way. You like designing intuitive APIs, SDKs, making sure they survive version changes.
RelationalAI is committed to an open, transparent, and inclusive workplace. We value the unique backgrounds of our team. We are driven by curiosity, value innovation, and help each other to succeed and to grow. We take the well-being of our colleagues seriously, and offer flexible working hours so each individual can find a healthy balance that affords them a productive, happy life wherever they choose to live.
Country Hiring Guidelines:
RelationalAI hires around the world. All of our roles are remote; however, some locations might carry specific eligibility requirements.
Because of this, understanding location & visa support helps us better prepare to onboard our colleagues.
Our People Operations team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruitment process.
RelationalAI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.