At RelationalAI, we are enabling the future of data-centric systems that learn, reason, and predict, built on our cloud-native relational knowledge graph management system. We are bringing together a global team of exceptional people who inspire and respect one another to achieve our mission.
We are intellectually curious, with problem-solving mindsets and a proven track record of delivering results. We value the ability to learn, grow, and respond to an ever-changing landscape of challenges and opportunities as much as we value past experience.
RelationalAI is a remote-first company that has been operating with a distributed team since day one. We are based on six continents, support team members wherever they live, and are fluent in the tools and processes of distributed and often asynchronous work.
As our Head of Compliance you will be an innovative, experienced, self-driven leader responsible for developing, managing and monitoring RelationalAI's global compliance-related obligations and activities. You will work in partnership with and report into our Chief Administrative Officer (CAO).
What You Will Do
- Facilitate the organization’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and best practices by developing, refining, and rolling out compliance-related policies and procedures
- Operate as a strategic coach in a highly hands-on role, leveraging risk management, compliance and regulatory knowledge to plan for and execute on compliance with PCI, HIPAA, GDPR, SOC, and other relevant frameworks relevant to the company over time
- Recommend process/policy changes and controls to ensure compliance with all regulations and assist in the documentation of or training on those changes.
- Craft, oversee and support the day-to-day operations of various global ethics and compliance programs and initiatives
- Lead periodic compliance and privacy-related risk assessments and controls evaluations
- Address privacy-related questions from internal business partners; reviewing documents for compliance and applicable compliance and privacy-related laws and regulations
Who You Are & What You Bring
- Past experience crafting and evangelizing compliance programs for global technology companies
- Deep knowledge of global corporate compliance, risk management, and governance
- Ability to create, implement, and monitor compliance programs
- Proven ability to work in alignment with development teams to incorporate compliance factors within software development
- Demonstrated experience developing creative solutions and driving process improvements
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, and balance competing priorities in a rapidly-evolving environment
- Strong project management skills with relentless focus on execution and results
- Able to manage sensitive and confidential information with the highest levels of integrity, ethical standards, discretion and sound judgment
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Enthusiastic and open to learning new subject matters
Qualified candidates can expect the following hiring process:
- At least 1 screening calls with our Talent Acquisition Partners
- A 60 minute meeting with our Director of People Operations
- A 60 minute meeting with our Chief Administrative Officer
- A 60 minute meeting with our VP of Product Management
RelationalAI is committed to an open, transparent, and inclusive workplace. We value the unique backgrounds of our team. We are driven by curiosity, value innovation, and help each other to succeed and to grow. We take the well-being of our colleagues seriously, and offer flexible working hours so each individual can find a healthy balance that affords them a productive, happy life wherever they choose to live.
Country Hiring Guidelines:
RelationalAI hires around the world. All of our roles are remote; however, some locations might carry specific eligibility requirements.
Because of this, understanding location & visa support helps us better prepare to onboard our colleagues.
Our People Operations team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruitment process.
RelationalAI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.