Who we are
We are a climate tech company committed to reversing climate change. How do we reach this lofty goal? By disrupting the agriculture industry!
Founded by globally-recognized innovators in science and ag technology, Regrow is unlocking the power and profitability of resilient agriculture across the supply chain — from growers to global food brands. Regrow combines best-in-class agronomy, soil and carbon modeling, and innovative data collection to deliver customized, site-specific and scalable solutions to the agrifood industry.
Our customers are frontrunners in agrifood and agtech, ranging from global market operators, project developers, global food brands, and independent farmers. We help partners measure their impact on the environment, model and implement changes that will be environmentally and financially sustainable, and track partners’ progress against sustainability goals.
We're backed by leading investors, such as Microsoft's Venture Fund, Cargill, The Grantham Environmental Trust (NCO), AJAX Strategies and more, all of whom believe in our vision to change the world through resilient agriculture.
Agriculture has the power to reverse climate change. We believe science and technology can help us get there.
Our goal is to use farmland to cool the earth. We are currently monitoring 150 million acres of land in over 45 countries. This year alone, with just one project, our carbon emissions reductions are equivalent to taking 17,000 cars off the road! We are already on our way to a more sustainable planet.
We are looking for a Sr DevOps Engineer to join our Software Engineering team. As a member of the Software Engineering team (doing DevOps), you will collaborate with Data Engineering, Data Science, and other Software Engineers to implement infrastructure, host and maintain CI/CD systems, automated testing systems, and monitoring systems across Regrow’s world-class data/ag platform solution.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with Data Engineering, Data Science, and other Software Engineering teams to design, build and implement new technology to keep Regrow at the front of innovation.
- Help to streamline and document all practices in order to execute scalable and high-quality solutions.
- Work with lots of data, create complex data pipelines based on machine learning models developed by our data scientists, and work with them to scale.
- Support the development of secure cloud platforms from the base network infrastructure to the operational tasks and security guardrails built for end-users.
- Proactively improve site reliability and key metrics, such as uptime, application performance, time to issue resolution, time spent resolving incidents, and other key operational SLAs.
- Play a key role in architectural and design decisions, building toward an efficient cloud microservices architecture.
- Lead efforts to incorporate open source tools, automation, and cloud resources to improve user experience.
- Implement CI/CD systems to limit manual testing and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with application architects to design DevOps system/process and ensure the stability and scalability of our internal systems.
- Work across various teams and technology boundaries to investigate and resolve complex and multi-faceted issues, spanning the entire technology stack consisting of Python/Golang, Docker, Nomad/Consul, GCP/AWS, Traefik, MySQL/Mongo, API GW, etc.
- 4+ years of relevant experience with DevOps, DevOps tools, and Application Development.
- Experience working in teams to develop and support production-quality tools and/or services to support internal teams (engineer, data, etc).
- Real-world experience:
- Managing production-grade, scalable infrastructure.
- Developing scalable software, with automation tools and Continuous Integration systems.
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages i.e. Python, Shell, etc.
- Experience with Python data libraries the likes of numpy, sklearn, pandas, dask, etc.
- Experience of TCP/IP fundamentals, Proxies (nginx/apache/traefik/etc) and configuration management.
- Knowledge of Windows Server operating systems and POSIX.
- Experience with Terraform. (preferred)
- Knowledge or experience in GIS, tools, and libraries (rasters, gdal, rasterio, qgis, etc.).
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline.
Who You Are:
- You are eager to achieve and work at all levels of responsibility.
- You are capable of taking charge of a project.
- You communicate clearly and concisely.
- You understand the web from top to bottom.
*We value diversity! At Regrow, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better but our planet better. We have employees across 9 countries and three continents, and we’re committed to expanding our base of knowledge and experience.
Regrow is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.*
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Regrow, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you.