Who we are
We are a climate tech company committed to reversing climate change. How do we reach this lofty goal? By disrupting the agriculture industry!
Founded by globally-recognized innovators in science and ag technology, Regrow is unlocking the power and profitability of resilient agriculture across the supply chain — from growers to global food brands. Regrow combines best-in-class agronomy, soil and carbon modeling, and innovative data collection to deliver customized, site-specific and scalable solutions to the agrifood industry.
Our customers are frontrunners in agrifood and agtech, ranging from global market operators, project developers, global food brands, and independent farmers. We help partners measure their impact on the environment, model and implement changes that will be environmentally and financially sustainable, and track partners’ progress against sustainability goals.
We're backed by leading investors, such as Microsoft's Venture Fund, Cargill, The Grantham Environmental Trust (NCO), AJAX Strategies and more, all of whom believe in our vision to change the world through resilient agriculture.
Agriculture has the power to reverse climate change. We believe science and technology can help us get there.
Our goal is to use farmland to cool the earth. We are currently monitoring 150 million acres of land in over 45 countries. This year alone, with just one project, our carbon emissions reductions are equivalent to taking 17,000 cars off the road! We are already on our way to a more sustainable planet.
We are looking for a Sr Software Engineering Manager to lead a team of software engineers, and be instrumental in growing the team with some of the best talent. In this mission-critical role, you will partner with the CTO and business leaders to set priorities, objectives, and clarify the technical strategy and direction of Regrow’s product offerings.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee, mentor, and inspire a diverse team of engineers with a high degree of empathy and emotional intelligence.
- Engage in all aspects of software development, including architecture, documentation, testing, deployment, maintenance, and bug-fixing, primarily using Python, Cloud, GIS, etc.
- Manage development projects to ensure they meet the company’s business requirements and goals.
- Develop and enhance custom GIS web applications, scripts, spatial data, and layers using multiple developing and scripting languages.
- Identify areas for improvement related to GIS architecture, design, performance optimization, development process, workflows, governance, and tool technologies.
- Review & shape product specs, suggest changes to optimize for ROI, identify edge cases, and improve UX.
- Scale and improve current APIs and services used to power platform and data delivery.
- Apply modern DevOps practices across development, QA, and production systems.
- Navigate the constantly changing technology landscape to identify and champion appropriate tactical and strategic solutions for improvement to deliver self-service, automated cloud technology.
- 8+ years in a software engineering position or similar function, with a strong understanding of the full software development life cycle, agile development, and continuous integration.
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering leadership role managing, mentoring, and providing technical project management guidance to other tech team members.
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or a related discipline.
- Ability to focus on short-term deliverables while maintaining a big-picture perspective.
- Exceptional skill and knowledge of Python (or other modern languages).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to build strong, productive relationships.
Who You Are:
- You are passionate about your code; its readability, quality, documentation, and maintainability.
- You communicate clearly and concisely.
- You work hard to understand the underlying purpose of each assignment and the rationale behind existing processes.
- You are always looking for new technologies to explore and new ways to improve processes (prioritizing the right improvements at the right time).
- You welcome every opportunity to teach or learn from others.
*We value diversity! At Regrow, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better but our planet better. We have employees across 9 countries and three continents, and we’re committed to expanding our base of knowledge and experience.
Regrow is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.*
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Regrow, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you.