Product Management / Product Owner - MRV
We face it! Our changing climate is ubiquitous with the sustainability of our planet. Primarily, our food resources are at great risk. The team at Regrow is on a mission to give farmers and food growers around the world valuable insights to optimize their growing conditions, in pursuit of solving crop failures and building soil health. It’s an audacious endeavor. By combining science and a vision to solve how a land mass behaves to cool the earth, we’re working with customer fans that are industry champions. Alongside our partners, we currently monitor over 150 million acres of land in over 45 countries! How do we do it?! At our core, we’re the enabler and the fabric of the new ecosystem services market that connects the big food companies to farmers, fuelling the transition to climate-smart agriculture.
This is a unique opportunity at a company on a path to huge growth and success. It’s not every day you can join a company and meaningfully contribute to a better future of our planet and humanity. You’ll be applying your skills to accelerate the digital agriculture revolution on a global basis! Won’t this be a fun story to tell someday?!
As our company grows, we need a product owner to lead the development of a new cutting edge platform that enables farmers and project managers to Measure/monitor, Report and Verify (MRV) the impact of these new practices on their farms.
This tool will encourage and democratize the adoption of sustainable agricultural practices by enabling more transparent, streamlined and verified carbon markets - in increasing the confidence of the farming industry to make more lasting changes.
This tool involves different levels of user access (producer, program manager, verifier, …), input data collection for an interface (crops, planting boundaries, fertilizer applications … ), communication via APIs with internal and external data sources for modelling, soil sampling, and output generation (creation of assets).
You will be the point of contact between the customers, the engineers and the science team to build out our MRV product. You will report to the Head of Product, based in Sydney, Australia and collaborate with the leadership team across the US. The rest of our team is distributed between the US, Australia and Europe, so it is important that you have some flexibility in your hours to communicate with the broader team when necessary.
In this key role, you will
- Lead the development of our MRV platform as a Product Owner
- Work with our customers to define the product requirements and the most important features. It is important that you understand how technical products are built and are able to put that in perspective with the importance of the features. You are able to "push back" if a requirement is too complex from an engineering perspective or/and will take too much time to build.
- Work with Head of Product, program manager and the leadership team to implement the full product life cycle from ideation of the flows and use cases to testing and deployment
- Be the voice of the customer, communicate the work to be done to:
1. UX designer - by detailing the customer journey and providing feedback on the workflows;
2. Data scientists and modellers - to refine user inputs, output, and data formats;
3. Engineers - what data need to be stored and made available via APIs to the interface and the modellers.
What we are looking for
- Experience in the agriculture industry
- Strong business acumen, and understanding of the business cases and how they can be translated into technical products
- Ability to empathize with the customers to understand their point of view, but also guide them to build scalable and practical workflows
- Have successfully managed products by coordinating distributed team from architecture through release, maintenance, and support
- Enjoy collaborating across multiple disciplines, including product, design, and data science
- Own problems end-to-end, and are willing to pick up the knowledge you're missing to get the job done
- Are detail-oriented and pragmatic, and like to get the system working but know when to compromise versus getting it exactly right
- Know how to communicate in a remote-first environment
- You are creative and passionate about creating a good user experiences
- You have an eye for UX and UI design, and have experience making complex products easy to use in the hands of the users
- Background with complex platform involving carbon markets, compliance, multiple users access levels, modelling and reporting capabilities
In addition, we would appreciate:
- Experience with carbon markets and ecosystem services
- Passion about delivering value to customers and solving messy real-world problems
- The ability to organize yourself and others in an unstructured environment
- A desire to have a positive impact on something greater than you can achieve alone, being a part of the team, which is changing the world
- Good visual communication: a picture or a diagram is worth a thousand words
- Experience with JIRA, FIGMA, MIXPANEL, SQL
- 3+ years of experience as a product owner or product manager (preferably SAAS), that has resulted in products being rolled out to market
- Experience with agile software development
You’ll be a good culture fit here if you...
- Seek growth and can handle a steep learning curve
- Know what it takes to build and ship enterprise-grade software
- Work with abstract ideas and requirements to create something more concrete
- Establish an environment where the Product team can be effective in accomplishing sprint deliverables
- Address team dynamics with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ensure a good relationship between the Product team and internal stakeholders (business, strategy, science, engineering)
- Know how to measure progress meaningfully
- Stay playful and lighthearted without taking things (like bugs!) too seriously or personally
- Limit work in progress and stay focused on the current goal (less is more!)
Key challenges in this role
We are doing something that no one has ever done before. There is a lot of ambiguity in what we’re building, and it’ll your responsibility to work with the appropriate internal stakeholders to sort through all the concerns to make sure we’re still hitting our deliverables. You will also be dealing with multidisciplinary and distributed teams, and you must have a strong sense of self and of customer needs, to navigate these waters and lead teams to clarity on what will or will not be implemented in a sprint. There are a lot of educated and strong opinions inside Regrow (we hope you will bring yours too! after all constructive conflict is the way to re-grow!), and it’s your job to synthesize all those into something we can build.
Does this sound like your dream job? If so, go ahead and apply for the position and we’ll be in touch. We appreciate your interest in Regrow.
While it may go without saying once you see the diversity on our current team, we encourage diversity on our team at all levels of the company. We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.