Soil Carbon Project Manager (Australia)
With our changing climate, the sustainability of our planet and primarily our food resources is a problem growing exponentially for all of us. The team at Regrow is on a mission to give farmers and food growers around the world valuable insights to optimize their growing conditions in pursuit of solving crop failures and food shortages. How are we going to take on this audacious challenge? With science and a vision to solve how a land mass behaves to cool the earth. We’re currently monitoring 155 million acres of land in over 45 countries, so we’re on our way to a more sustainable planet. With this, we have a beautiful group of customer fans who are industry leaders and we’re looking for a Soil Carbon Project Manager to be the technical lead on engaging our Australian customers and guiding them on the journey of implementing climate-smart practices. Check out the video with our CEO explaining Regrow to our partners in the ecosystem.
This is a unique opportunity at a company on a path to huge growth and success. It’s not every day you can join a company and meaningfully contribute to a better future of our planet and humanity. You’ll be applying your skills to accelerate the digital agriculture revolution on a global basis! Won’t this be a fun story to tell someday?!
- work closely with customers (project developers, verifiers) in using Regrow data services to support cost-effective carbon market applications.
- Work with ecosystem services markets on testing and applications of soil carbon protocol provide existing and prospective customers, as well as other team members with the guidance on various carbon protocols (ERF, CAR, Verra, and others), assisting them in project design, including soil sampling, SOC modeling
- translating the existing project and product requirements into user stories, workflows, and work packages that the science and engineering teams can work on
- documenting and refining the project documentation for each of the customer soil carbon-related projects in Jira and Confluence
- assist with coordinating cross-team implementations, making sure all team members are aligned on the project and protocol requirements; communicate clear deliverables and deadlines
- provide a high-level view of requirements, timelines, and resources allocation for soil carbon-related projects and help to maintain the company science and product roadmap
Support and co-lead grazing-related projects and initiatives
- Work with the science team to identify and implement research to improve Regrow technologies for measurement, reporting, and verification of grazingland/cropland ecosystem services.
- Assist with the development of grazingland/cropland case studies and reports by providing insight into soil health and soil carbon processes modeled by DNDC (our carbon model)
- Assist with creating the product documentation that enables the customers better understand Regrow technologies in ecosystem services space
- Work with data science and product teams to develop algorithms to generate cost-effective soil sampling schemes (grassland and croplands) for large and complex conservation and ecosystem services projects. Algorithms will leverage geospatial data, remote sensing algorithms, and soil process modeling.
- Design and support the implementation of algorithms that support measurement, reporting, and verification of carbon and ecosystem service outcomes to support natural climate solutions
- Develop techniques for rapid soil carbon quantification, researching soil carbon stabilization/cycling
- Support the science and product teams with the interpretation of the DNDC data products
Inspect, evaluate and validate product and science deliverable through each iteration
- when required, assist with review and testing of the product and science deliverables
- clearly document the necessary changes/improvements to ensure customer satisfaction and retention, and work with the product and engineering team to implement the changes to improve user workflows.
To be successful in this role, we will expect:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in soil science, agronomy, environmental science, natural resources, computer science, or related fields
- Strong experience with project management, including software for project management and systems
- Demonstrated operational excellence, ideally with field work aspect in agriculture or similar level of interaction with growers
- Strong cross-functional team leadership experience and capabilities to manage the team with a variety of backgrounds, including software engineers, scientists and business teams
- Experience leading customer-facing projects and having direct responsibility for deliverables
- Experience with data in agriculture
- Desire to be in equal parts project coordinator and contributor
- The ability to translate your technical knowledge into insights accessible for our team and our customers
And if you have these, you will thrive at Regrow:
- Passion about delivering value to customers and solving messy real-world problems
- The ability to organize yourself and others in an unstructured environment
- Preference to operating in an open/honest work environment
- A love of learning
- A desire to have a positive impact on something greater than you can achieve alone, being a part of the team, which is changing the world
Does this sound like your dream job? If so, go ahead and apply for the position and we’ll be in touch. We appreciate your interest in Regrow.
While it may go without saying once you see the diversity on our current team, we encourage diversity on our team at all levels of the company. We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.