In this key role, you will have an opportunity to:
- Code services and APIs. This is a hands-on role.
- Gathering requirements, design and develop a commercial solution to monitor and improve agriculture in millions of hectares using all types of data sources like satellites, etc.
- Guide, mentor and help coordinate your team to become highly efficient and effective.
- Work closely with product, operations, other software engineering teams, and DevOps to implement scalable and high-performance solutions for our platform as a service and internal management tools.
- Play a key role in architectural and design decisions, building toward an efficient cloud microservices architecture.
- Document all practices and design. Work with other functions of the team (architecture, security, DevOps, etc) to execute scalable and high-quality solutions.
- Work with lots of data, creating complex data pipelines based on machine learning models developed by our data scientists, and work with them to scale them.
To be successful in this role, we will expect:
- Minimum 6 years of commercial experience working with Python and other languages.
- Team-player attitude; preferably with experience leading or being a senior contributor in a team
- Experience developing secure Restful APIs with Python Web Frameworks like FastAPI, Flask, Django, etc. (other languages also valuable).
- Commercial experience with relational databases – either MySQL, Postgres or others – or document databases, like MongoDB, etc.
- Deep knowledge of Software Design Patterns.
- Experience with at least one major cloud provider (AWS, GCP, or Azure).
- Linux experience; shell/bash scripting knowledge.
In addition, we highly regard:
- Python data libraries experience the likes of numpy, sklearn, pandas, dask, etc.
- Knowledge/experience in GIS and tools/libraries (rasters, gdal, rasterio, qgis, etc).
- Experience with Docker (building and scheduling containers)
- Profiling, debugging, tracing and/or parallelizing/optimizing Python code.
- OpenAPI/Swagger knowledge.
- A desire to have a positive impact on something greater than you can achieve alone, you want to be a part of the company which is changing the world.
FYI Our stack is: Python/Golang, everything in Docker, Nomad/Consul, GCP/AWS, Traefik, MySQL/Mongo, API GW.