Head of People and Culture
With our changing climate, the sustainability of our planet and primarily our food resources is a problem growing exponentially for all of us. The team at Regrow is on a mission to give farmers and and businesses supporting food and fiber production around the world valuable insights to optimize their growing conditions in pursuit of solving crop failures and food shortages. How are we going to take on this audacious challenge? With science and a vision to solve how a landmass behaves to cool the earth. We’re currently monitoring 155 million acres of land in over 45 countries, so we’re on our way to a more sustainable planet.
With this, it’s thanks to our talented team that we are making this vision a reality. We have ambitious goals for growth and are looking to expand our team of forward thinkers both in the US and internationally. To help us scale to this level, we are looking for a committed, experienced People Leader who is ready to build and scale the organization responsible for our most important asset – our people.
Reporting to the CEO, you will take charge of people operations and invests in employee experience, with culture and talent acquisition and development globally. This is a hands-on role with green field opportunity to build this function out from scratch, and directly impact the business through people operations excellence and scalable best practices.
It’s not every day you can join a company and meaningfully contribute to a better future of our planet and humanity. You’ll be applying your skills to accelerate the sustainable agriculture revolution on a global basis! Wouldn’t you want to be a part of bringing this change to the world?
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Set a vision and strategy for our People and Talent functions.
- Build and scale a global People operation, including:
- Design, implement, and manage the Regrow Employee experience
- Oversee Talent Acquisition
- Talent strategy creation and execution, including building on a repeatable and scalable recruiting and hiring process.
- Candidate experience and offer management
- Recruiting and sourcing strategies, worldwide
To be successful in this role, we will expect:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, with an advanced degree a plus.
- 5+ years relevant people operations experience including talent acquisition, employee relations, and organizational development, with prior experience managing a human resources function with an international scope
- Built, scaled, and led a People function from the ground up – or had a front-row seat to it in a less senior role.
- Worked in a company with headquarters in the US and a presence internationally and have experience leading a team where colleagues can be separate in both time zones and physical space.
- Have been a key leader in a high performing organization and made an impact on employee well being to balance performance with purpose and belonging
- Proven ability to coach, develop and maintain effective partnerships with senior business leaders, managers, and peers.
- A demonstrated commitment to and track record of leading Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging programming.
- Ability to make data-driven decisions while driving forward on results at pace with a startup.
- Deeply responsible and accountable, with a precise attention to detail while maintaining the context of the big picture.
- Ability to dive deep into the company’s processes and problems and manage them using data; establishing clear metrics and reports.
In addition, we would appreciate:
- A passion for agriculture and sustainability
- Non non-sense approach to solving real world problems, hands on
- Strong sense of ownership and commitment, demonstrated in previous roles
- Collaboration and teamwork as core values, working with a highly diverse and talented team across the globe including many Ph.D. level scientists
- Experience operating in a highly ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
Does this sound like your dream job? If so, go ahead and apply for the position and we’ll be in touch. We appreciate your interest in Regrow.
While it may go without saying once you see the diversity on our current team, we encourage diversity on our team at all levels of the company. We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.