With our changing climate, the sustainability of our planet and primarily our food resources is a problem growing exponentially for all of us. The team at Regrow is on a mission to give farmers and food growers around the world valuable insights to optimize their growing conditions in pursuit of solving crop failures and food shortages. How are we going to take on this audacious challenge? With science and a vision to solve how a land mass behaves to cool the earth. We’re currently monitoring 26 million acres of land in over 45 countries, so we’re on our way to a more sustainable planet. With this, we have a beautiful group of customer fans who are industry leaders and we’re looking for a Software Engineer (Python) to be the technical expert in helping those customers achieve great results with our products. Check us out on TEDx and TechCrunch for a preview of what we can do for our customers.
This is a ground floor opportunity at a company on a path to huge growth and success. It’s not every day you can join a company and meaningfully contribute to a better future of our planet and humanity. You’ll be applying your skills to accelerate the digital agriculture revolution on a global basis! Won’t this be a fun story to tell someday?!
In this key role, you will have an opportunity to:
- Work closely with product, operations, other software engineering teams, and DevOps to implement scalable and high-performance solutions for our platform as a service and internal management tools
- Play a key role in architectural and design decisions, building toward an efficient cloud microservices architecture
- Document all practices and design. Work with other functions of the team (architecture, security, DevOps, etc) to execute scalable and high-quality solutions
- Work with data, create complex data pipelines and code that generates reports and to support the data science functions of our platform
- Develop and code services and solutions to support and scale the Regrow platform and its API
- Write scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code
- Write tests, and test own/others code, including code reviews
- Automate as much as possible all practices
- Learn as much as possible from others and mostly, as a valuable team member resource, share your cloud, API, and any knowledge with the whole team
To be successful in this role, we will expect:
- 3+ years of solid experience working with Python
- Proven experience creating and deploying REST APIs with Python Web Frameworks like FastAPI, Flask, Django, etc
- Commercial experience with relational databases – either MySQL, Postgres or others – or document databases, like MongoDB, etc
- Experience with at least one major cloud provider (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Linux practical experience; shell/bash scripting knowledge
In addition, we highly regard:
- Experience with Docker (building and scheduling containers)
- Profiling, debugging, tracing and/or parallelizing/optimizing python code.
- Knowledge/experience in GIS and tools/libraries. (rasters, gdal, rasterio, qgis, etc)
- Passion about delivering value to customers and building strong relationships
- The ability to organize yourself and others in an unstructured environment
- Thriving in an open/honest work environment
- A love of learning
- A desire to have a positive impact on something greater than you can achieve alone, you want to be a part of the company which is changing the world
Does this sound like your dream job? If so, go ahead and apply for the position and we’ll be in touch. We appreciate your interest in Regrow.
While it may go without saying once you see the diversity on our current team, we encourage diversity on our team at all levels of the company. We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.