With our changing climate, the sustainability of our planet and primarily our food resources is a problem growing exponentially for all of us. The team at Regrow is on a mission to give farmers and food growers around the world valuable insights to optimize their growing conditions in pursuit of solving crop failures and food shortages. How are we going to take on this audacious challenge? With science and a vision to solve how a land mass behaves to cool the earth. We’re currently monitoring 150 million acres of land in over 45 countries, so we’re on our way to a more sustainable planet. With this, we have a beautiful group of customer fans that are industry leaders and we’re looking for an Account Executive to help us serve them the best we can, meet their needs and grow their business. We fully expect with the right Account Executive(s), our book of business will shortly be 3X! Check us out on TEDx and TechCrunch.
This is a ground floor opportunity at a company on a path to huge growth and success. It’s not every day you can join a company and meaningfully contribute to a better future of our planet and humanity. You’ll be applying your skills to accelerate the digital agriculture revolution on a global basis! Won’t this be a fun story to tell someday?!
In this key role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Personally manage customer accounts via direct interaction at all levels of the sales process in order to achieve Regrow sales goals (gross profit, revenue, etc.)
- Develop and execute sales strategies to maximize profitable revenue, increase customer base and identify new business opportunities. Propose and implement penetration into new markets.
- Independently prioritize your day-to-day execution of the sales of digital agronomy and sustainability products available from Regrow.
- Fluently understand and communicate information about digital ag and sustainability solutions, including crop and soil health management with digital tools, such as crop performance monitoring, crop stress detection, nutrient management, and selection of the right conservation practice (cover crop, tillage etc), and more. Educate crop and conservation advisors and their growers about digital solutions and decision support systems.
- Remain abreast of trends, practices and technology used by input manufacturers, cooperatives, ag input retailers, food processors land managers and growers
- Build relationships and influence within key trade channels including: crop advisors, agronomists, conservation advisors, extension and university personnel.
- Execute a customer-first sales process: facilitate customer trust by assisting them in selecting the digital products right for their agribusiness; by developing partnerships, ensuring customer satisfaction and growing brand awareness
- Develop your own sales playbook for overcoming objections
- Proactively provide and seek peer feedback to improve individual and team performance
- Regularly communicate customer stories, feedback and needs (what keeps customers up at night) to the Regrow internal team to ensure constant alignment between the customers needs and the product roadmap
- Use Hubspot, and other SaaS tools to manage, prioritize, and document all interactions and sales processes with customers
To be successful in this role, we will expect:
- Experience in a sales capacity. Including a track record of growing accounts and/or selling digital products and services to agribusinesses
- A strong background and passion for agriculture and sustainability.
In addition, we would appreciate:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in agronomy, agricultural economic, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience, in an Ag business function
- Fluency in digital ag products. Awareness of sustainability solutions will be advantageous
- Eminence in the agribusiness community. Knowledge of industry trends and insights. Not afraid to be forward thinking and to challenge the status quo.
- Significant experience working for an agribusiness company or an agritech firm developing digital solutions for agribusiness clients or equivalent experience managing client engagements
- Collaboration and teamwork as core values you hold, working with a highly diverse and talented team across the globe including many PhD level scientists.
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to manage dozens of accounts.
- Experience operation in a highly ambiguous and rapidly changing environment.
- Exemplary written, verbal and presentation skills.
Does this sound like your dream job? If so, go ahead and apply for the position and we’ll be in touch. We appreciate your interest in Regrow.
While it may go without saying once you see the diversity on our current team, we encourage diversity on our team at all levels of the company. We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.