ABOUT THIS ROLE
Engineering within Reforge develops new products, features, and enhancements to our already robust platform.
As a Staff Engineer, you will make meaningful contributions to the product & codebase and work collaboratively with thought leaders in the org to help shape product strategy and ship impactful experiences for our users.
Reforge is a new kind of educational company that helps you access the earned insights of the world's leading practitioners, learn and apply frameworks without leaving your job, and build a strong professional network. Our content, community, experience, and brand combine into a unique product offering that creates unparalleled access to insights that are typically trapped in the heads of top operators.
OUR OPERATING VALUES
Our operating values are opinionated on purpose. We don’t aim to be everything to everyone. Their distinctness is meant to be used as a common set of threads that bond us together on our mission. We use our values to operate, solve problems, make decisions, evaluate/reward team members, and determine who and how we hire. You can see our full set of values and the decisions behind them on Reforge Artifacts.
- ⛴️ Delivering value to customers is all that matters.
- 🔂 Maximize the pace of improvement.
- ⚡️ Small teams do bigger things.
- 🧠Think like an underdog.
- ⚙️ Be a problem-solving machine.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
- Head of Engineering
- Head of Product
- Head of Design
- Head of Data
WHAT YOU'LL OWN
- Contribute to the Reforge offering by understanding the mission and contribute feedback/ideas on how to improve Reforge
- Meaningfully contributing to the Reforge product via code, architecture and design (50+% hands-on)
- Guide a small but mighty engineering team
- Work collaboratively with product thought leaders; help shape product strategy and ship impactful experiences for our members
- Provide technical strategy and direction to your teams
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 8+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- Experience in Ruby on Rails or similar backend language
- Experience in a cross-functional team-based environment
Nice to Have
- Experience in Python
- Experience in Heroku, Docker, or custom builds
- Experience in an early stage startup
- Experience leveraging LLMs to deliver customer value
Attributes that will make you successful in this role
- Excellent communication with non-technical folks
- Prior experience in a remote organization
- Desire to mentor and collaborate
The internal mission of Reforge is to create an environment where you create the best work of your career. In order to do that we offer:
- Flexible/Distributed Work Environment - Everyone does their best work in different environments. We operate as a distributed-first team and offer financial support that enables you to create the schedule and environment that fits to you.
- Professional Development - We focus on a culture of learning. We offer full financial reimbursement for almost all professional development interests and efforts.
- Benefits - We offer top rated health, vision, and dental insurance. We cover 100% of monthly premiums for employees, and 70% for dependents.
- Salary + Equity - We offer highly competitive salary and equity inline with top tier technology companies.
- 401k - We offer the opportunity for you to contribute to a 401k directly from your paycheck
- Flexible PTO - Having plentiful “off the grid” time is a key to doing your best work. We offer flexible PTO. Take time when you need it. Everyone must take at least 10 days per year, and we highly encourage more.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion: We deeply value creating a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.