Who We Are
RefleXion transforms radiopharmaceuticals from diagnosing cancer to actively controlling delivery of external-beam radiotherapy by leveraging individual tumor biology. Designated an FDA Breakthrough Device, RefleXion’s SCINTIX™ biology-guided radiotherapy automates targeting and motion management to overcome long-standing barriers preventing definitive radiotherapy for metastatic disease. In strategic collaborations with radiopharmaceutical companies, RefleXion is co-developing and co-commercializing disease-specific radiotracers for difficult to treat late-stage cancers.
Find out more about RefleXion and SCINTIX therapy at reflexion.com.
Stay up to date with RefleXion by following our channels here:
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube.
About This Role
The Electrical Systems Engineer will be responsible for the design, configuration and solution of electrical devices and systems, and testing them for safety and efficiency. These systems among others include circuit boards, Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) and networking components. The Electrical Systems Engineer at RefleXion will independently conduct simulations and verifications of FPGA IP blocks and quality testing under the supervision of senior engineers on the Electrical Systems team.
What You Will Be Doing
- Independently design, implement, and perform functional simulations of IP blocks in VHDL (Very High-Speed Integrated Circuit Hardware Description Language) and (System) Verilog.
- Design and develop circuits and circuit boards to facilitate Verification & Validation and design more complex circuits for Production under the supervision of senior engineers.
- Develop proof-of-concept software and collaborate with (Embedded) Software Engineers to design the drivers and algorithms for the FPGA logic.
- Perform FPGA Synthesis, Place & Routing and timing optimizations.
- Create thorough technical documentation, completing test protocols, conduct FPGA verification and generate test reports to support IEC-60601-1, 510(k) submission and FDA clearance.
- Brainstorm and analyze potential innovations in performance, architecture, and timing reliability of FPGA IP blocks. Perform bring-up, debug, and validation of FPGA and PCBA designs to achieve functional and performance goals.
- Work closely with board design engineers on Input/Output pin assignments, power-up sequences, and FPGA-versus-Board functional optimization.
- Support and assist in the development of efficient and high-quality FPGA build Processes.
- Other duties as assigned
Where You Will Do This Job
- Hybrid - This position will allow the successful candidate to work on a Hybrid work location schedule. They must be based in the greater SF Bay Area and must be able to commute into the RefleXion office in Hayward 1-4 days a week, depending on the role.
What We Need
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- 2 years experience as an Electrical or Electronics Engineer
The 2 years of experience must include the following:
- Research and development for a medical device company including the testing of medical devices for compliance with FDA guidelines including but not limited to IEC-60606-1-1.
- Developing core FPGA logic for applications for medical devices.
- Analysis of existing FPGA IP designs and implementation of improvements in design in the area of efficiency, (clock) timing, placement and routing for Xilinx FPGAs and with Vivado Design Suite, all with regard to medical devices.
- Supporting and maintaining medical devices to comply with electrical safety standard IEC-60601-1 testing and FDA guidelines.
- Working with SerDes and high-speed FPGA designs using Xilinx Vivado tools.
- Isolating and debugging hardware problems to the component level with test equipment such as logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters, and hi-pot test equipment.
- Experience with MicroSemi FPGAs and LiberoSOC software.
What You Will Love About Working with Us!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Flexible work location and schedule – hybrid work environment for many positions
- Competitive compensation and Pre–IPO stock option packages
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 Weeks/Year PTO Accrual rate to start and 12 Paid Company Holidays
- Employer paid Life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- RefleXion Benefit Hub –Company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Weekly catered on-site lunches as well as kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious food and drinks – including an espresso machine and panini stations!
- Employee Events – Variety of Workshops, Lunch ‘n Learns, Financial Wellness education, Regular “Coffee Chats” with Executive Leadership, Scavenger Hunts, Company Milestone celebrations and more!
- Electric car charging stations on site
The pay range for this role is $75,000-$165,000. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor. The total compensation package for this position may also include bonus, stock, benefits and/or other applicable variable compensation.
Values and Diversity
RefleXion is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability/medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.