Reporting to the Operations PMO Director, the Senior Program Manager is responsible for cross-functional project management and leadership to support the execution of projects to enable successful new product introductions and continuous improvement of our Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Service capabilities. The successful candidate will utilize project management best practices to deliver projects on-time and on-budget. The Senior Program Manager will be an effective leader in a matrix environment, acting as the primary Operations PM liaison with functions such as product development, RA/QA, finance, marketing, and sales.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to strongly influence project management practices in an exciting and rapidly growing startup company, while utilizing data and metrics to monitor project management performance and identify needed Improvements for a rapidly growing startup company.
- Oversee and develop detailed project schedules utilizing best practices for project management methods, tools, metrics, monitoring and reporting to ensure projects deliver on commitments.
- Ensure that required interdependencies between design control, regulatory compliance, manufacturing, service, marketing, and sales are well understood, captured and built into project plans.
- Manage projects schedules by identifying critical path, constraints, contingencies, and mitigations to achieve target schedule and budget.
- Report project status at regular PMO Review to highlight critical issues and potential risks with mitigations to stakeholders.
- Develop, cultivate, and influence cross-functional relationships with key project sponsors and stakeholders to align functional support and accountability to project commitments.
- Drive a lean project management culture by focusing on value-add activities through a minimum viable product (MVP) project mindset, which includes efficient meeting, targeted communication practices and streamlined project management techniques.
- Establish vital project management metrics and reporting to facilitate data-driven business decisions.
- Publish reports to executive management and escalations in alignment with RefleXion's Iterate Management Methodology.
- Responsible for Operations activities such as, but not limited to, capture of key organizational action Items and progress reporting of major objectives.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field preferred; business, finance or related field will be considered in conjunction with experience.
- 7+ years' experience managing complex cross-functional programs and projects, preferably in support of capital medical equipment such as medical linacs, imaging or robotics.
- 5+ years’ experience in regulated medical device or health care environment (FDA 21 CFR Part 820, ISO 13485).
- Solid understanding of design control, new product introduction and commercialization processes.
- Strong project management background utilizing Waterfall and Agile methodologies to manage project schedule, scope, budget, issues, and risks. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification highly desired.
- Proficient in utilizing business and project management tools such as Office 365 (Project, Excel and Visio) and Smartsheet.
- Proven ability to lead and influence in a cross-functional team environment while building strategic professional relationships with stakeholders.
- Superior communication skills, organizes and communicates succinctly and accurately with appropriate detail and frequency for project teams and senior management.
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation, collaboration, and problem-solving skills with expertise in conflict resolution.
- Execution driven, operates with a sense of urgency to work through obstacles and escalate for rapid decision making.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple on-going projects.
- Comfortable with uncertainty to define order from chaos and drive value-added actions.
- May require up to 10% domestic or international travel.
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Three (3) weeks PTO to start
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site