The Senior Systems Physicist is part of the Product Engineering group, a multi-disciplinary team of radiotherapy and imaging use experts. This team works with the design engineers and outside clinicians to define, develop, and validate the clinical performance of new RefleXion biology-guided radiation therapy products. The Senior Systems Physicist takes a lead role in the design and development of the RefleXion radiotherapy system.
This hands-on role based out of Hayward, requires deep technical understanding of physics, radiotherapy QA and commissioning and clinical workflow aspects applied to radiation therapy. The Senior Systems Physicist must understand medical device quality systems and design control, including specification, hazard analysis, and formal testing. He or she engages the team on any and every issue necessary to ship products to customers of the highest quality and reliability.
- Conceptualizes and leads medical physics projects to validate the clinical performance of RefleXion biology-guided radiation therapy system
- Develops tools to simulate and evaluate system performance under various clinical and practical test conditions – covering imaging, dosimetry, tracking, system throughput and other key performance parameters
- Support machine QA and beam commissioning of the RefleXion system both in-house and potentially at customer sites.
- Develops technical requirements and specifications from the simulations to ensure that RefleXion’s products meet their clinical performance goals
- Supports Regulatory (FDA, CE, …) documentation and applications
- Collaborates with other functions within the company as needed i.e. regulatory, product education, training, sales and marketing
- Collaborates with clinical partners and KOL’s in the industry to develop protocols and criteria for acceptance and clinical utilization of Reflexion systems
- Publishes system evaluation and clinical performance papers in collaboration with clinical partners, KOL’s, and internal R&D partners
- Other duties as assigned
- Master of Science or PhD degree Physics or Engineering with relevant clinical and research work experience
- Demonstrated success working as part of a cross-functional product development team to move successful products from concept through launch
- Strong background in radiation physics, radiation therapy with experience with QA methodologies for radiation therapy such as water phantom and film dosimetry.
- Familiarity with commissioning of radiotherapy systems using water phantom.
- Familiarity with current medical physics guidance reports including AAPM, ICRU, IAEA.
- Expert-level ability to program in Python or equivalent language for simulation and data analysis
- Experience with design control process for medical devices is desirable
- Excellent communicator with strong written and oral presentation skills
- A self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Three (3) weeks PTO to start
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site