We are looking for a Data Scientist to work on the organization and analysis of the data on our systems to help inform decision making for product improvements, troubleshooting, and servicing. Data is collected from a real-time distributed system and involves multiple datasets and formats. The Data Scientist will help to design and build data products that extract valuable business and operational insights by analyzing trends and patterns, as well as generating predictions that allow better decisions. The ideal candidate will also have a passion for continuous improvement and show ingenuity in working with a given set of data and tools.
- Technical team member within the RefleXion software development team
- Define requirements for system data analytics
- Independent worker who can learn the system and data needs and implement industry standard practices to collect and perform analysis of data within a complex system
- Develop internal tools required for data analysis and identify commercial tools that can be integrated within the product as well as used standalone to support the data analytics project
- Contribute to the software development effort required in related areas of the product
- Good communication skills to collaborate with team on findings and recommend system and/or process enhancements.
- Experience in dealing with multiple projects and cross-functional teams, managing multiple tasks/assignments with staggering due dates and deadlines.
- Identify and parse data, conducting analysis, identifying and visualizing trends, building and validating the data models, and translating quantitative assessments into actionable insights.
- Automate the result and exploratory data analysis to generate metrics and to identify trends.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in (Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Data science) or related field
- Robust testing and verification standards
- Observability principles
- Opentracing APIs (e.g. OpenTracing, OpenTelemetry)
- Distributed tracing UIs (e.g. Jaegertracing, Grafana, Kibana)
- Experience with designing and building cloud database (e.g. Elasticsearch, MongoDB, SQL) managements systems in cloud based systems (e.g. Docker).
- Strong understanding of data modeling and data architecture
- Experience with working with large datasets, automation, and data visualization.
- Experience in medical device industry preferred
- Experience analyzing HW metrics preferred
- Experience with latest analytical tools used for scaling (e.g. Prometheus, Kafka) preferred
- Dashboard Visualization tools (Plotly, Bokeh) experience preferred
- C++ preferred
- MEAN Stack experience preferred
- Ubuntu experience preferred
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Three (3) weeks PTO to start
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site