An EHS leader having responsibility for developing, implementing and maintaining EH&S programs and topics throughout the organization. The EHS Manager will create the systems and procedures necessary to ensure the overall health and safety of RefleXion’s employees and the environment.
Specifically, the EHS Manager will be responsible for implementing the company’s health & safety programs as well as adherence to local, state and federal health/safety regulations. This will include developing written programs & employee safety training programs as well as scheduling and conducting the training, leading and/or participating in safety meetings and the development of site-specific EHS policies as needed. He/she will ensure compliance to all federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations, and conformance to ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 standards.
A successful candidate will have prior experience in an EHS capacity in the manufacturing of medical devices, semiconductor or other complex capital equipment.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations, and conformance to ISO 14001 and 45001 standards.
- Guide company policies and lead investigations, corrective and preventative actions in response to COVID-19 or similar public crises.
- Manage the Company’s EHS Program, including managing regulatory and 3rdparty auditor site visits/inspections/activities.
- Analyze work environments for unsafe work practices and hazards. Research and recommend changes to work conditions and procedures to improve the safety of work environments.
- Administration of RefleXion’s Radiation Safety program in cooperation with appropriate MSEs.
- Provide health & safety training to all employees (and retrain when infractions occur) while promoting employee awareness.
- Lead, participate in and support the Safety Committee by attending meetings, conducting facility inspections and accident/incident investigations.
- Prepare and submit regulatory reports (e.g., environmental compliance) required by federal, state, and local authorities.
- Manage site hazardous waste (chemical, and radioactive ) programs and activities.
- Proactively take ownership of any EHS-related issues, concerns, improvements and program development across the organization.
- Ensure sustainable actions are implemented to target incident/risk reduction, and that action owners are assigned and visible to the business.
- Actively participate in all tool install and construction design reviews, tool/machine safety level sign-offs and project execution to ensure all local and corporate safety requirements are followed.
- Drive continuous EHS-improvement culture to reduce risk of ergonomic, machine safety, and process safety risks.
- Interact with a variety of departments to conduct or facilitate training related to safety, emergency response, hazardous material handling, and management of change, risk assessment and EHS Management Systems.
- Interact with employees and management in the administration of the worker’s compensation program.
- Coordinate the site’s Emergency Response Team.
- Assist in evaluating new manufacturing processes and technologies and make recommendations on employee safety, potential environmental requirements and applicable building impacts.
- Maintain safety equipment inventory, conduct and manage periodic safety inspections, and monitor hazardous waste removal vendors.
- BS in Engineering or EHS related degree, and or equivalent in experience.
- Minimum 7+ years environmental health & safety (EHS) experience, with the majority in a manufacturing or similar environment.
- Experience with managing EHS programs, interacting and training all levels of personnel is required.
- Expert experience with site inspections, investigation methods and reporting of incidents.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and with ability to plan and articulate long-terms goals while at same time diving into near-term tactics and execution.
- An excellent communicator and results driven professional, able to inspire others through conviction, vision and the ability to formulate and articulate ideas and action programs and lead them through execution.
- A high-energy, self-starter who thrives in a hard-working environment and can “roll up his/her sleeves” to get the job done.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to positively interact with management and staff, regulators, project management staff and 3rd party clients and suppliers.
- Proven proficiency working with standard business software, including word processing, presentation software, and spreadsheets.
- Manufacturing is a 24/7 operation; must be on call during operating hours to lead and/or delegate emergency response as needed.
- Must be based locally in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Three (3) weeks PTO to start
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site