The Engineer Scientist - PET at RefleXion will have primary responsibility for designing, implementing, and testing the PET hardware, real-time control software and PET image reconstructions for patient images. These images will be used to identify, locate, and register treatment regions in treatment planning, prior to the delivery of therapy. This position requires a deep technical understanding of PET detection and detector calibration, corrections, image reconstruction and system control architecture. The individual will work in a team composed of other experts in PET detection, calibration and reconstruction and will interact closely with the other engineers on system workflow. The position requires a strong familiarity with medical device quality systems and design control, including specification, risk analysis, verification, validation, and manufacturing process controls. A successful candidate will engage on any and every issue necessary to ship products to customers of the highest quality and reliability.
- Develop PET calibration and correction algorithms including calibration automation workflows
- Develop PET image reconstruction algorithms
- Develop and execute verification procedures to confirm proper operation of the PET subsystem
- Complete test reports and other design documentation to support 510(k) submissions and clearance
- Support Manufacturing PET detector builds, calibrations and testing as needed
- Support in-house system and field systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Education – MS in Physics, Electrical Engineering, or Biomedical (other related field of study)
- Minimum 5+ years in PET development, detector design, calibrations, corrections, reconstructions.
- Essential knowledge, skills, and abilities (including both technical and soft skills) – SW documentation, code development in C/C++/Matlab, ability to work both independently and within a team
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Three (3) weeks PTO to start
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site