The R&D Buyer is responsible for the sourcing of materials and services to support the R&D teams and manufacturing of complex electromechanical capital equipment. This role requires a high degree of interaction with R&D, Manufacturing, QA and suppliers to help launch new products in a dynamic and evolving startup environment.
- Work closely with R&D and product development team(s) to procure materials in support of aggressive product introduction schedule for complex (1500 + p/n's) electromechanical system.
- Ensure new parts being designed are phased in to ensure smooth transition from previous revisions or version to minimize scrap, obsolescence and provide visibility to supply chain team.
- Key conduit between R&D and Supply Chain team members, which include Purchasing, Logistics and Planning.
- Collaborate with suppliers regarding quoting, logistics, and contract negotiations.
- Place, expedite, and record purchase orders to achieve on-time delivery.
- Identify and qualify new suppliers in collaboration with Quality and Engineering personnel.
- Perform non-product purchasing in support of general business operations.
- Executing MRP, analyzing MRP system data to ensure timely material planning.
- Ensure accurate and timely records of materials received, moved, produced, stored and shipped into and out of the facility. Reconcile with Accounting as required.
- Work with QA and Manufacturing to resolve non-conformance reports (NCR's) and implement change orders (CO's). Manage inventory disposition, responsible for RMA (Return material Authorization), rework material, and associated paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate with professional certifications or bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience purchasing complex equipment ( >1000 part numbers per device).
- Solid understanding of supplier relationship management and production scheduling.
- QSR & ISO 13485 compliance experience preferred.
- Expert at utilizing MRP systems, QAD preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical ability through the use of MRP reports and MS Excel.
- BOM maintenance experience with Arena or similar PLM system.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Have a firm understanding and demonstrated experience in GMP.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills for managing external suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Proven ability to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner, strong problem-solving skills.
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Three (3) weeks PTO to start
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site